A Normal Day

September 12

September 12

Anneliese & Alessandro- 6

Auriella and Alexander-31

"Alessandro, you are going to be late for school." Auriella tells her son, bending down to his height to straighten his tie.

"But mama, I don't even want to go to school." The six-year-old pouts. "Can't I stay at home with Lissy?"

"If you want you can be homeschooled as well but then you wouldn't see your friends everyday, and you will have a teacher and they will make sure you are focusing all the time."

Alessandro's nose scrunched up. Yeah no, he liked having people to talk to all the time and he liked that he could do what he wanted while everyone waited to catch up to where he was. He didn't understand how his sister could stay focused for hours on what she was doing and why she didn't like talking to people.

"Are Papa and Lissy back yet?" Alessandro asked his mother in French.

"Yes, they're waiting downstairs so we can have breakfast together." Auriella stood up, grabbing her son's hand, leading him to the kitchen where her husband and daughter were seated having come in minutes ago.

Alexander and Auriella trained their kids in the mornings, the four of them all were early birds who woke up early and as a family headed to the gym together. The twins had started all sorts of martial arts as soon as they could walk. They trained in the mornings with Auriella and Alexander helping them perfect their form. Then Auriella left with Alessandro to get him ready for school when Alexander took Anneliese on a run around the lake on their property.

It was an easy routine they had fallen into. Their mornings didn't always go as smooth as this but their routine was slowly being perfected.

This was one of their family times in the day. Anneliese got one on one time with her parents while her brother was at school, not very much due to Auriella and Alexander's busy schedule. Anneliese often trailed along to the office to do her work there but the couple made it a point to take their daughter out for lunch a couple times a week. Even though Anneliese was homeschooled Ella and Xander had placed her in every single activity that interested her so that filled her afternoon so after a quick dinner she often went to sleep early.

Alessandro got to spend time with his parents in the evening. His sister was often out of the house until six so from about four when he finished school until they fetched Anneliese he had their undivided attention, and oftentimes even more when his sister went to sleep. He loved watching a show with his parents in the evening and not having to swap every other day with what his sister wanted to watch like they did on the weekends.

"Try this Liss." Alessandro held out his fork to his sister who shut her mouth refusing to even try the questionable item on her twins' fork.

Anneliese scooted back in her seat so she was even further from Alessandro. "No thank you, Ro. I have my own strawberries."

"But mine has yogurt on it. It is so good together." Anneliesse shook her head quickly.

"Your sister doesn't like her food touching, bud. She has both strawberries and yogurt." Alexander told his son, but Alessandro still taunted his sister with the fork, leaning over the table until Anneliese couldn't move further back in her seat so she hopped up and climbed onto her mother's lap, hiding her head in the crook of Auriella's neck.