Busy

Takes place when Alexander is in Texas with his biological family for a bit while Ella is in London

July 21

Auriella-17

Ambrosi-17

Auriella had a blank look on her face watching the meeting. On the outside she was displaying a focused image, listening to every word the person who was speaking was saying, on the inside though she was so bored. She glanced next to her to see Ambrosi looking exactly like she was, head up and looking focused on what was being said but when the two made brief eye contact Ella knew he was as bored as she was.

She pulled her laptop closer to her, she had been using it to type down key points and questions when more interesting people were talking but now instead she switched off her volume and opened a game inviting Ambrosi to play with her via his laptop.

"Chess, really?" Ambrosi muttered under his breath only loud enough for Ella to hear, but the only response he got in turn was Ella making the first move of the board.

Now this was more entertaining, discreetly playing chess while trying to remember everything the speaker was presenting because they knew at the end of this presentation they were going to have the unspoken competition of who could ask the better question from the presentation.

Ella's eyes lifted off her laptop screen for a couple seconds after she had made her move, the timer ticking down from ninety seconds for Ambrosi to play. The room was filled with a board of executives that she and Ambrosi had chosen for their project. None of them looked as bored as she and Ambrosi felt. Maybe it was because this was a new topic for them unlike her and Ambrosi who had grown up with CEO's for fathers and this was a dinner topic for them growing up. They could write this in their sleep.

"Finally." Ambrosi muttered, picking up his suit jacket and briefcase once the man was done droning. "Why couldn't we just leave that meeting again?"

"Because this project is really important to us and we want this to go as smooth as possible without any bumps." Ella replied, having repeated the same thing mentally to herself throughout the four hour meeting. The two walked side by side out of the conference room of the building they were hiring from Alexander until their one was finished.

"Oh, Miss Soleil." The pair stopped walking as a woman from one of the companies they were working with stopped them. "I just wanted to ask about the decisions about the Mills?"

"The decision was brought up multiple meetings ago. Are there any developments we don't know about?" Ella asked. The lady shook her head. "Then there shouldn't be any changes."

After being stopped only what felt like a million more times they just about made it to the door of the office and Ella wanted to groan when someone else called out her name but she pulled on a fake pleasant face and turned around to see who called her.

"Yes?"

"A package came for you." The assistant looks at the name on her clipboard. "From Mister Alexander N. Rozzi. It's already in your office."

That made Ella's spirits a little higher, when she waltzed into her office a large bouquet sat on her desk with a box.