First Day |Part One

Alexander-8

Auriella-7

"So what's the point of going to school?" Alexander asked Adriano, he was sitting on the counter while Adriano tied his tie and brushed his hair neatly

"So what's the point of going to school?" Alexander asked Adriano, he was sitting on the counter while Adriano tied his tie and brushed his hair neatly. It had been just over a month since they had been brought out of the hospital and both kids were doing much better. They had met all their families and had enjoyed the holidays with them, both of them fitting in exceptionally well.

Alexander and Auriella had experienced more love this month than they had in every day of their lives combined.

"Well, you go to school to learn new things, and to make friends," Adriano explained.

"But I already know a lot of things, and Rory's my friend." He says softly, arguing back was out of character for him, that was more Auriella's thing, while she would question everyone and everything, as well as, would fight for her beliefs, these men had seen this all first-hand during their time together. But Xander didn't fight, he went along with what was happening, often following the lead of Ella, just there to make sure she was okay, the only time he was ever confrontational was when someone was doing something to Ella or he was scared, it was part of his protection.

Adriano knew it was the latter of the two.

"What's going on, bud?" Adriano asked carefully. Xander met Adriano's eyes and just shrugged, but Aadrinao just asked again, even softer this time.

"Are you going to be here when we're done?" Alexander asked carefully.

Adriano felt his heartbreak for the millionth time since meeting the kids. "Of course we are bud, we are going to drop you off and at lunchtime, we will come to pick you up and then we'll go get some lunch and come back here."

"And do you think people will like us?"

"I think if people don't like you they are missing out on being friends with two very awesome people." Alexander took a second to study Adriano's face, and after determining he wasn't being lied to he gave a single nod in response, hopping off the counter.

Due to Azariah and Auriella's tendencies to be awake a lot earlier than Adriano and Alexander they had already headed out, Azariah had decided to take Ella out for breakfast so it was only the two of them heading out on the twenty-minute drive to the school.

When they reached the school Adriano parked next to his best friend and when Xander hopped out of his seat, Auriella instantly skipped over to him and pulled him into a hug, which he accepted with a smile. Ella had gotten increasingly more affectionate over the past month.

She was wearing her new school uniform like he was, but instead of wearing a white collared shirt paired with blue shorts, knee-high socks and a matching tie, she had on a navy blue dress, the same colour as his shorts that had a white colour and black school shoes like he did. She also had a couple of ribbons, a red one tied around her neck, tucked neatly under the collar and a white one tied in her hair in a pretty bow around her ponytail.