Grandparents

January 23

January 23

Auriella-  7

"What's wrong?" Ella questions Azariah, seeing his eyes squinted and eyebrows furrowed at his phone screen. Azariah looks up seeing his little girl lying upside down on the couch, her legs up and her head hanging off, something he had realised in the month and a half of looking after her is that Auriella is a little monkey, the child can climb up pretty much anything, no matter how difficult, with ease. The first few times it had scared him to death watching her climb up trees or the staircase rails, but now he lets her do her own thing, just making sure to keep an extra close eye on her.

"Do you remember I told you stories about my parents, brothers, and nephews." He asked her softly, he had told her all types of stories when she was still in the hospital about him growing up and his childhood, how he and his brothers used to go on these amazing adventures. When she confirmed she had remembered he finished his sentence. "Well my mother has found out I adopted you and would really like to meet you."

He had no idea how his mother had found out about the kids and in all honesty he didn't want to find out, but the main problem was how to introduce his kid to his family without overwhelming her. Auriella was doing a lot better but she still was nervous in big crowds and people she hadn't met. But today he was only going to introduce her to his parents then slowly introduce Auriella to everyone after that.

Since he had taken her in Azariah had taken a break from the agency, he had spent time with her just the two of them. But it wasn't technically his only job, his uncle owned an airline and he flew as a pilot for him, not for commercial flights rather delivering highly secure infomation between countries that governments and high profile people couldn't risk getting out. He had flown planes in the military when he was just seventeen and it was something he loved but was waiting for Auriella to be more settled in before he started once again.

"Your family wants to meet me?" Ella questioned with such innocence, like her brain couldn't comprehend why anyone would want to meet her. She wasn't anything special, was she? "Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure, Amour. My family wants to meet my little princess."

Is that why Azariah took her in, because he thought she was a princess, he had called her that before, was it because he thought she was one? What would he do when he finds out he was mistaken and that she isn't a princess.

"When?"

"Well it's only my mother and father at this moment, you will meet everyone else eventually, is that okay Ells?"

"Mm okay."

___

"This place is so pretty." Ella notes as they make their way into one of the most expensive restaurants in Cambridge, personally he wouldn't have brought his seven year old here, but there is no use arguing with his mother when she wants something, and honestly he is too afraid of her to even try. But Ella seemed fascinated with the fairy lights that lit up the rooftop that his parents were waiting for him, he had underestimate the time it took trying to get a child into an itchy dress that she didn't seem to like, normally it wasn't a problem what she wore but she couldn't stand the feeling of that certain fabric on her skin so he had to rummage through her wardrobe to find something suitable for the evening as well as the cold January air. In the end they had found a soft cotton floral dress that they had paired with a baby pink cardigan and grey stockings, he had also bundled her up tightly with a coat, a scarf, gloves and earmuffs until she was complaining that she could hardly breath but there wasn't a chance Azariah was letting his little girl get cold.