1

Eyes slowly opening to a bright light above, lungs gasping and greedily taking in all the air they can get, muffled words from afar. Straining to hear with a muffled mind he's some kind of glitch we need to terminate him before something happens, panic taking over. With clumsy movements and a racing mind he tries to find a way out. Hitting the glass but not a crack being made, his body glitches and his hand fazes in and out of existence, the sound of alerted voices and rapid footsteps urge him one faster, he times it just right and his entire body fazes through the prison he was placed in.

He runs, winding mettle halls all identical fill his vision, he doesn't know where to go and the fog that clouds his brain isn't helping. He can't remember anything from before he woke up other the his name, Dream, player 0̴̰̯͚̖̩̾͗͆͘͜7̶̦̖͔͙̹͝ and all he knew now was that he needed to escape.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Feet hitting the ground bellow with a small weight in his bag, George finally got enough money for one of the newest VR headsets, he's been waiting so long and the day has finally come where he can join the game. Contrary to what it sounds like the game isn't just one game singular, it's one big server where absolutely every game you could imagine can be played with absolutely anyone from anywhere in the world.

He was so excited because the world kinda went to shits after a while, overpopulation leading to houses being significantly smaller and stacked on top of one another, global warming is a very big problem now leading to very dry periods with basically no rain. The future contrary to the belief of past generations is a disaster but no one really cares anymore cuz we all know we could die any day now and why focus on the shit of reality when the game was made. You could spend weeks without leaving because at some point it's no longer virtual it is reality.

He quickly made his way home then from there out the window of his bedroom to small place he set up, it is essentially like a box that's being supported by beems and thick wire, he's not worried about it collapsing because almost every house is built in a similar manner, not safe but it's the was things are. He quickly connected the headset to all the other gear he accumulated over the past years, gloves and a vest that track all movement, a treadmill like object that allowed him to walk or run in anyway without hitting anything and finally suspenders that help keep his movement in one area.

He finished setting everything up and finally put the headset on. The screen flickered to life and the black letters game into view.

Welcome to the game