8

They walked to the racing game and entered, an new excitement in the air with there new challenge. Both boys bickered back and forth about who was going to win as they joined an almost empty lobby and chose there cars. Dream went with an electric lime green car that had black accents and a dopy smile on the hood while George went with a nice royal blue that had white and red accents and small mushrooms painted along the bottom of both sides.

They hopped in there respective cars and the checkers flag was waved. They were off racing along the track but Dream quickly noticed that some road signs were glitching, fading in and out of existence. In a panicked state he looked around to find that the large buildings of the city were too glitching. George seemed to notice the same as he quickly turned his car to head for the exit.

Dream copied this action and they both sped down the road hoping to make it in time. George quickly reached the exit and messily stoped the car. The buildings couldn't handle the warping and were beginning to crumble leaving Dream to try and dodge the falling debris. George fling open his door and ran through the exit where the contents of the game could no longer get him, now he was left to hope Dream got out safely.

Dream was scared, he was so close but didn't know if we could make it. Looking up he saw how a large building was starting to fall and should block his path if to late. He was going as fast as the car would let him and barely missed being crushed. The car had been flung from the force of the building hitting the ground and before the car could crash Dream opened his door and jumped out.

George watched in horror as dream landed on the floor while his car rolled until it looked like scrap metal. Dream was getting up be he was going to to slow "Dream run!". He was disoriented and couldn't see that well but hearing George's voice he managed to find the right direction and run towards it. The entire game was crashing as Dream was surrounded by the warping image of what once was a city.

Dream managed to jump through the exit before he was crushed by more falling debris but he was unlucky enough that his foot became tainted with the glitch that infected the game. He fell to the floor and watched as his hands faded in and out of existence before his very eyes. Touching whatever error had occurred in the game brought out his and there was no way to stop it.

George was concerned for dreams safety but Dream quickly moved away from George's comforting touch "No! Don't touch me!". George was confused, he understood that maybe dream thought the error was now contagious through him but George knew he had to help. "Dream just let me-" George reached out only for Dream to back away "No you don't get it! It's all my fault!" His brows furrowed "how is it your fault Dream" he said calmly trying to coax answers out of the frightened boy. Dream was getting frustrated how could he not get "George I'm the glitch!"

The world freezes for a moment as George takes in the new information. "What?" He says in such a broken voice that dreams heart is about ready to break.

"I woke up in some glass tube and I herd people talking about terminating a glitch, they were talking about me, they were going to kill me George, I got scared, I didn't want to die, so I escaped, and ended up finding you, I'm sorry, I never wanted-"

"Shut up" dreams words are interrupted but a whisper "just shut up ok! I don't want to hear it!" Tears beging to fall from both boys "you tricked me" he sobbed "are you even real?" In this moment dreams heart did shatter, to see the one he loved so broken over him, it hurt. He tried to look George in the eyes "of course I'm real, I got trapped when that contest happened and no one ever let me out." He could barely see through this tear "George I was 17 when that happened, it's been two years." A flash if sympathy in George's face before it hardened again "I lost my memory and somehow when we were just having fun together it started to come back."

George couldn't listen to this anymore he needed to go fix everything and knew just how to do it. By resetting the entire game. Using his watch he managed to connect to the almost every screen in the game and gave an announcement, he had to get everyone out.

"Hello everyone, I am player 404, as you may have noticed there's been a glitch in the system, everyone needs to quit the game now so you don't get trapped when it shuts down, the game is going to be reset."

It was short but as long as people listend and quit the game they would be safe. George began to think about where the developers would put the reset button and when he reached the empty main lobby he noticed something. In the middle of the room around where people spawn in there's a suspicious statue. Upon further investigation he noticed that the spot with an engraved name moves. He pulled it off to find a big golden button, at least it's not one of those don't push the big red button things, George thought to himself.

Just as George goes to press the reset button Dream tries to stop him. "George please! You don't have to do this, who knows what will happen to us!" George knows they could both very much die but he needs to do this, for everyone, for Dream. It's possible that resetting the game could correct whatever happened when dream got stuck. Just as Dream is about to grab George away from the button he pushes it and everything goes black.

Oooooohhhh who knows what will happen next, is this the end? *gasp* wait I know! Hehehehehehehe
Ciao for now o/

Eat, drink, sleep
Have an awesome day/night