Prologue.

He took a heavy sigh and looked at the things around him. The walls were a dark oak but it was hard to tell with all the shelfs filled with dusty old books around him. Everything looked so black and dim as the only source of light was a fading out candle flame. But today was his final day living in the run down house : today was going to be his first day living somewhere else.

And that somewhere else was the Arcana Academy. It was a school where you are taught how to use the different forms of magic. A place where no country owns it, a place where it treats all equally no matter on status or origin. That place was going to be his new start, his new home, or so he hoped.

Getting out of his run down bed, he walked to his bathroom to wake himself up. He was already exhausted, barely getting enough sleep from packing up last night. Hell, he was still surprised that he even got through the exams knowing completely well he didn't pass the written portion. But well, he passed and got in. That's all that mattered.

He brushed his red tipped bangs to the side and looked at the mirror. His hair was black, besides the tips, and it was braided on one side resting on his shoulder and the other his cheek. A long scar went across his nose, almost reaching his small gray eyes.

Walking back to his room, he put on a black turtleneck shirt, a white jacket with fur all over the hood, and a necklace with a blue crystal attached to it. He grabbed his bags,  a pair of large red goggles, then took a look at his room once more. Taking a breath in, his heart felt somewhat heavy with guilt and then he closed his door that had the words carved into it saying "Istar Musumei".

He walked past his old rusted living room and into the door leading outside. Istar put his hand on the knob and took another look at his house. He then said, "Thanks for everything. See ya."

Istar put on his red goggles and zipped up his white jacket to the point it covered his mouth, pulling onto two strings to tighten it. He looked towards the sky to see the sun barely giving off any light since it was covered in gray clouds. But to where he was, that was nothing more but the usual day. He then went around the house to find two stone heads on the ground with the names of Akula Musumei and Bronto Musumei.

"I'll do my best to take care," Istar said, putting another lit candle on each side of the graves, "See you later."

He picked up his bags and walked out of the fence.

Prologue,

End.

***

Authors Note

Yo, name's Luna and if you're reading this then thanks! Hope you stick with this story. There ain't much I wanna say but I hope you enjoy it but I mostly am making this note to credit my friend Knoxxunor for creating the art cover. Please go check him out whenever you can, he said he'll be posting hopefully one day but he has a good amount of ideas.

Now this story is a shared universe with my friend, Cennon. Mine focuses on Istar Musumei while Cennon focuses on his MC. I recommend that you read both works since we are amazing~ but mostly because as of the first arc right now, I think it's better to read both sides of the story.

But until then, thank you again.

Catch ya later.