Chapter 7-Time to Move with the Stars.

After seeing what Shion and Aqua were capable of, the class felt like they had much to prove. One by one teams were called into the pit with some completely failing or not being able to make the golem fall within the time limit. The winning team was split on the left side of the wall while the losing team was shown on the right side, sulking and some even holding back tears. Shion and Aqua, along with two other teams, were the only ones able to pass.

Istar looked over towards Mika to see him relentlessly biting his finger. He didn't have to guess to see how nervous his white haired roommate was. In reality, he was nervous as well, just knew how to not show it. Istar glanced towards Oga and their eyes met. Even though he couldn't read minds and he wasn't sure if Oga could read his, the look that Oga gave wasn't one of disappointment. It wasn't one of disgust either, it was the look saying to show him something but well he didn't know what.

Before Istar could head towards the stairs, Oga had shouted out, "Such a disappointment most of you couldn't take down this simple golem. Well, I shouldn't say that I didn't expect it. Ameilia Watson and Suisei Hoshimachi. Don't disappoint me like the rest of them."

With a laugh in the distance, Amelia shot herself up with her thumb over the chain of her golden stopwatch, "Let's make a deal Oga. We'll finish this in two minutes and me and Suisei here get to leave early, if not then go ahead and expel us!"

"What!! NO! I did not agree to this!" Suisei yelled out.

Amelia leaned into her ear, whispering, "Relax, it's gonna be fine. Just tell me what you can do and I'll make damn sure we'll finish this."

Suisei sighed and stretched the side of her cheek, "How do I know I can trust you?"

Amelia clock started to wind, "You don't...but life is about taking chances. So let's take this chance and trust one another, roommate."

Leaving a deep sign, Suisei followed the blonde haired girl down into the pit. The Golem had marks on it, clearly from the past battles, but they were nothing more than faded marks and scratches. Its blue runes started to turn into a bright red once more as it charged towards the two of them. Suisei turned and started to dash at the side while Amelia stood still with her monocle looking towards the golem.

"Oh I see!" The golem smashed its stone hands onto her but then she just appeared on the side of it, examining the runes, "So these runes can absorb the magic and make the golem run faster than the magic it was already given. Alright! That makes this battle won already."

"What makes you so confident?" Suisei sighed at the smug girl.

In Amelia's hand was a small case with a black chalk. She rubbed the tip of her finger until it turned pure black, "Just trust me...now give me your hand-."

In a flash Susie had appeared, smashing her foot into the golem, making it stumble towards the wall. The golem pushed itself up from the crumbling wall but then looked as Amelia was standing on its head. A bright light came to her hand as it formed into a blinding yellow hammer. Jumping in the air, Amelia swung down the hammer towards the golems head.

"Magical attacks aren't going to work." Istar sighed, being somewhat disappointed after all the talk she gave.

Then when the hammer came down on its head, a large explosion came and filled the room with smoke. Istar and everyone's else's jaws had dropped when they had heard the cracking of the ground and the little chuckle from Amelia. Shadows started to engulf the room and all the smoke was gone in an instant as the shadow had seeped into Oga's hand.

The Golem was standing straight as it was facing towards Suisei, who was standing still with a bracelet in her hand. She grabbed the side of her bracelet, pulling a string as blue sparks started to splash in the air. As the golem stood still, Arurandeisu stopped his crying and took notice that the Golem was moving slowly even though the sparks were producing a frightening amount of magic.

Suisui stretched out her hand and the sparks started to spiral around her open palm and the bracelet took form into a large golden ax with a black symbol in the middle of it. It split the floor in front of her when the blade crashed on it. The golems arms slowly reached out towards the blue haired girl as flares started to rise from her feet. Suisei dragged her feet into a stance, tightly grabbing her ax's handle and pulling it towards her back.

Suddenly the golem was able to move without any restraints and Suisei grit her teeth and swung her large ax at the running golem. In a split second the golem was launched towards the side, crashing into the wall. Suisei took a large breath as she dropped her ax as she sat down on the ground.

Istar couldn't look away from the golem stuck in the wall and Suisei as her ax bursting back into a bracelet. Amelia had suddenly walked out of the tunnel, examining the golem as its runes turned black and noticed a small gash on its body and arms, "I told you we would do this in under two minutes."

Amelia reached out to her necklace to show the gold stopwatch saying "1:30". The two walked out of the tunnel and up the stairs but in an instant Oga reached out his hand, grabbing Amelia's arm, showing a hand sized weapon. There was a large barrel in the middle of it with six large holes facing straight but one of the holes was expanded and broken. The handle was made out of fine wood but with rough edges all around as a metal trigger was at the bottom of it.

Two large coils were at the top of it that burned hot red with some of the metal cracked. Oga studied the weapon but Arurandeisu took the weapon from his hands and started to say, "Coils to contain heat to not completely explode the weapon, a trigger that turns gears to make it operate a firing mechanism, six barrels to guide something...what is this? It's not a usual firearm that's long or a cannon."

"Oh, you like it? It's something I'm creating and I call it a handcannon." Amelia smirked.

"Handcannon huh...a very makeshift one at that.." He replied and continued to study the weapon, "You, what about that bracelet?"

"Oh..."Suisei rubbed her wrist to where the bracelet was and said, "I didn't create it and I have no clue how it really works, it was something I had bought off."

"Incredible.." Arurandeisu smiled, "You two truely have a bright future."

But then Oga took the handcannon from his hands and looked at Suisei and Amelia, "They have no future if they use something like this."

"Oh? But you never said anything about weapons or anything when Shion used a spear on the wall with her enhancements to it." Amelia pointed out and took the weapon from his hand, "This test is to show what we can do, not just in combat abilities but also how we act in a situation and how cunning and quick thinking we can be right?"

Oga stood quiet and smirked, Amelia then continued, "I'm sure Shion was the only one till now to guess it but this golem absorbs magic and makes it run like its own fuel. Although it doesn't nullify the damage it took with the magic, just absorbs it to nullify any after effects. So? What's the best way to deal with a golem like that huh?"

"Use another rune that nullifies that current rune of the golem," Arurandeisu, "that's smart. Although I can't say much about using force magic to cause damage to the golem."

"It wasn't force magic," Oga sighed, "You disguised your...handcannon...with change magic so you didn't reveal what you had in mind. Along with using force magic to channel the same amount of that Suisei was to keep the golem confused to which target it should go to."

"Good, I like it when they catch on early." Amelia smiled, "Next time, don't put a tracker rune on your golem, it's easily noticeable and it's the main target." She pointed towards the top of her head.

Then suddenly her body went limp but then Suisei had caught her, "In the name of Kronii...you use too much magic..."

"Told you it was a bad idea." Suisei sighed as she helped her up to walk towards the winning seats, "How did you put that all together in such quick notice?"

Amelia looked at her watch and said, "I'm a detective. It's my job to notice the details, big or small, and piece them together to reach the answer. Plus, I always keep my word."

Suisei set Amelia down and said, "You sure did."

Arcana Academy: Sins Pressure.