Chapter 16- I Choose You!

Walking down the hallway, Amelia strutted her way to where she was meeting with three other people; well only two now. This upcoming weekend she was going on a mission, provided by the school, with three other students: Lamy, Nene, and Merryweather. She wanted to go, she needed to go in order to get her merits together. So while it may have been early in the school year for a new student like her to get a mission, she wasn't going to complain.

However, she will complain about the fact that just before the weekend, Nene had fallen ill. It annoyed her slightly but she was accustomed to having her plans be derailed already. Therefore, she already had a backup plan because of it. But now that backup plan could only work by convincing the other two, who were higher ranks than her and seniors. In her heart she was confident. She had a plan if that plan didn't work. Backup plans after backup plans; if she really had to she would just come up with a plan right then and there.

It's how a detective should be, she thought. If one way doesn't work, always have another way.

"Yo!" Amelia stopped in the middle of the hallway, putting her hand to her head like a salut, "I'm here!"

"Took ya long enough." A man, a little bit taller than her, said. His black cat-like ears twitching with annoyance as he saw Amelia, "If you're going to ask us to come meet you, you should've been here before us."

"Oh, yeah, well, traffic in the hallways, my class ending not as sooner as yours," Amelia responded, taking a peak at his cape with the engravings of a 6, to watch her tone, "Anyway, since Nene has fallen ill, I propose we get another member so we don't have to call this off."

"Who do you have in mind?" Lamy stood up. Her soft spoken voice somewhat calming Amelia's ears.

"Istar Musumei." Amelia said confidently, looking at their reactions for anything as Lamys eyes perked up and her face somewhat shocked, There it is, "Do you know him Lamy?"

Hearing Amelia's detection, Lamy gave a soft smile and replied, "Well, I would not say I know him well. He comes by here and there to our club with his friend, Polka."

"Istar...what rank is he?" Merryweather asked.

Tch, oh well, knew it wouldn't be that easy, "Rank 0."

"You want us to take a Rank 0 to a mission? Are you insane?" His eyes narrowed down as if she had insulted everything he stood for.

"A rank is just a rank." Amelia smiled, "If you really cared about rank then you would've grabbed someone else other than me. You see potential. I also see potential in this one. Plus, you are a long-medium range fighter, Lamy is our long range fighter, I am in the middle. Nene was our up close fighter and this kid, oh he is very much the definition of that."

"A rank 0 is still at the bottom for a reason." He said, "Find someone else."

"Oh, well, I quit then." Amelia smiled.

"What?"

"Yeah, if not this then I quit." She gave an exasperated sigh, shaking her head, "There is no other close rang fighter who wants to go on this mission. The only one I know who will want to go is him."

"So that's what you're trying to do? Force my hand?" He clicked his tongue. "I could just find someone else to replace the both of you."

"Oh but you won't." Amelia stated, "I heard about a little rule in the Arcana Mission section where a high rank has to take two lower ranks in lower tier missions such as this one. That's why you need me, that's why you needed Nene. But now that Nene is gone, that spot is empty. Plus, I know that you know Istar is one of the very few who passed Oga's test."