Chapter 5- Where the Beast Hides.

Shion had scoffed at Oga and he clicked his tongue at the smug girl. Scoffing, he picked himself back up and looked Shion in the eye searching for anything he could tear her apart with. But he could find nothing. Shion stood and smiled at him but he sighed as he stepped back,

"Shion Murasaki. Rank Four. Nice to meet you, teach." Shion looked up as her eyes were staring down.

"Shion Murasaki...now why did you join this academy?"

"Because it would be a waste of time for the people who built this place to not have someone like me in it." She could feel the stabbing stares that everyone was giving.

"That doesn't say anything of why you are here besides shouting out how much of an ignorant brat you are who had everything handed down to you." Oga kicked the desk out of the way but Shion was floating in the air as if the air itself was the ground.

"I'm saying I'm strong. I'm stronger than you, I'm stronger than Coco and Kson, and I will be stronger than how I am now." Shion continued, "And I'll do it alone. Everyone here is just nothing but extra baggage I have to get through."

Oga laughed and suddenly Shion dropped to the floor as if whatever she was standing on vanished, "Strong you say? Trust me. There is nothing strong about you! Matter of fact, you're the weakest one here!"

"What?" Shion shot up.

"You heard me. You. Are.The. Weakest. One. Here." Oga repeated. "You only see yourself in the mix. You only think of yourself and have forgotten what our line of work is here for someone like you. If you don't acknowledge how weak you are...then you will be the first one to die."

"No. I won't be the first to die. After all, I'm the only one here who noticed something."

"And what is that?"

"You really like Change magic don't you?" Shion whispered to him as his surprised but amused face stared at her.

The two starred off in silence until a small chuckle came from Oga as it turned into a bolstering laugh. He turned, filling the room with the claps of his hands, "You pass! You pass! But before I have on to another sorry excuse for a student. Tell me. How in the world do you think Kson and Coco, the top students in our academy, are weak?"

"I heard how they were in the beginning. Kson struggled handling her spirit and Coco struggled keeping control of herself. Honestly for people who are "the strongest" you think they would just blast through the ranks like it was nothing." Shion took a disappointed sigh, "But instead they struggled."

"And that's why you will always be the weakest." He shook his head, "You don't understand what being strong means."

"Then tell me what it means teach."

"Find that out yourself."

Istar glanced over at Polka to see some sweat going down her head. It was pretty obvious she was worried but she knew not to make a noise cause if she did then she would've been next on the chopping block. Although if he had to say, Shion not backing down and breaking out made him somewhat impressed.

Some were called up one by one and each one of them had the same reaction as Susei or Temma. Some were even worse. It came down to the last three students who held out the entire time of introductions and shattering their dreams. The only won's so far who had survived were Shion and the cotton candy hair, who's name was apparently Aqua.

Now it was only down to Istar, Polka, and a blonde haired girl that he remembered sitting next to at the opening ceremony. When taking glances at her, Istar saw that there was no sense of worry on her face. All she had in her hand was a small monocle and an odd tool as she was tinkering with it.