Chapter 10-Idiots.

Istar closed the window but stood and let out a deep sigh. He bit his lip and walked back to the arena. The hell did I say? "Stay to watch my fight?" Really? What kind of bullshit half assed thing was that?. He tugged at his necklace, gripping it tight, "Like my fight would take place when I'm gone."

"You!" Istar turned around to see Nene gasping for air once again, "Your fight is going on! Where's Polka?"

"....shit ass luck."

5 minutes after Istar left

Mikazuki was biting the tip of his thumb as he saw Istar leaving. Either two things could happen right now. One was that he could be safe and Oga would choose someone else to fight. Or the other was him automatically failing the test and being expelled. He fixed his glasses and then started to examine the golem. He knew about the runes on how it took in magical energy and disposes of it, he didn't notice the tracking rune that the blonde girl had pointed out.

In any case he needed to figure out how Istar can fight and how he himself can help in any way. He sighed in disappointment that he wasn't able to do any major magic. But he needed to find a way: everyone that was on the lost steps were being expelled, and after coming far in his life, he wasn't going to sit back and be expelled in the first week.

"Mikazuki Sumeragi and Istar Musumei. Get in the arena." Oga's grin was staring into him.

"But...my partner isn't here." His heart felt like it was in an abyss, "Shouldn't I have the fair chance just like everyone else?"

Arurandeisu put his hand on Oga's shoulders and said, "He's right. These are students who should all have equal chances. It wouldn't hurt to just wait for a bit."

"No. If that boy cared about this then he would've been here instead of running away." Oga snarled at Mikazuki and brushed off Arurandesiu's hand, "Get in the area or I'll expel you right now."

Biting his tongue, Mikazuki forced his legs towards the steps. All of the work he put in and all the times he felt doubt was all coming back to him. Getting into this school to reach her was all it was for. But now it was all going down the drain. He stopped in the middle of the tunnel, putting his hand over his chest, trying to calm himself down but the rapid pacing of his heart wouldn't let him.

His vision started to narrow down as the only thing he could see was the golem in front of him. Swallowing the saliva stuck in his throat, Mikazuki took a deep breath and walked out to the circle. The slouched golem started to glow bright and fixed itself, staring down at him. There was no plan, there wasn't a time to think of one but that didn't mean he was going to give up.

Raising its hand, the golem swung down at him but Mikazuki sloppy jumped to his side, landing on his stomach. Pushing himself up, he ran towards the other side of the ring, trying to find something. Mikazuki turned around and grabbed a spear on the wall. The Golem ran, swinging his hand but he ducked at the last second but fell onto his ass as he did. Pushing himself up, he ran, gathering some dust in his hand as he did.

Away from the golem, Mikazuki kneeled down, laying the spear head on his knee, then using the dust on his fingers to make a rune in the spear. Sloppy swinging it, the spearhead shattered on the golems arm but the red rune on it disappeared. Despite that the golem slammed its arms on the ground, shattering it, making him fly to the stone wall as pieces of rubble hit against him.

He couldn't move as he saw the golems arm launched towards him. His ears started to echo but all the sounds felt hollow. He could recognize the voice of Arurandeisu yelling but couldn't make out the words. The amount of pressure on his bottom jaw hurt from how he bit down tightly for what was about to happen.