Chapter 1-Back to School.

Istar took off his red goggles and breathed in the ocean air. It was clean and somewhat of a fresh and salty smell. He has only seen some faint pictures of it in books his parents had shown him. Along with that the only boat he had ever been in where broken down wooden ones that could cost him his life in a second. But now it felt reassuring that being in one of sleek whtie metal made him feel secure.

"Thanks for the pick up." Istar took deep breaths to try to savor the new air.

"No need to thank me," A girl with short blue hair pulled down a mask and said, "You got into the Academy and that's already enough."

"Yeah." Istar looked back to see the only thing was just an endless view of water and not a forest.

Going to the side of the boat, he held out his hand to the waves but hesitated. He could clearly see his reflection in the blue water but being in the swamps for so long made him heistaint. Istar looked back at the blue haired girl and she just smiled and shook her head to the water. Taking a breath, he stuck his hand in the ocean and gave an awkward smile.

His hand wasn't turning to dust or wasn't being eaten by a monster, all it was a freezing cold, "You've never been outside the swamps before?"

"Nope. This is my first time seeing anything but trees and muddy water." Istar turned around, "Also, who are you again?"

The girl gave a small chuckle and said, "You can call me A-Chan. I'm the school's advisor."

"Advisor huh?" Istar laid back on the side of the boat, "Must be hell to be responsible for all those students."

"Ah, after a while you get used to it." She sighed.

"And how long was that?" Istar asked.

"Five years."

"Ah..."

He turned back to the ocean and something came into his view. It started off small and Istar gave a scoff wondering if that was it . As they came closer, those small buildings turned into large towers and that scoff turned into his mouth dropping. In front of him was a large pure white castle, larger than any mountain he could think of. There were multiple tower heads with sharp golden points and each one was taller than the last. Multiple colored banners hung down from the front, blowing with the ocean wind.

Istar's breath was taken away, as his dull eyes started to shine. Being speechless, all he could do was let out a nervous chuckle. The feelings and thoughts of how he was able to get into the school grew bigger. Even though he was trying to convince himself that it was all just for show, it didn't help bring down his thoughts.

"Surprised?" A-Chan smiled at the stunned kid.

"Y-yeah, it's way bigger than I thought it would be..." Istar still had that nervous smile.

"Just wait till you see the rest of it," The boat picked up its speed, "This is nothing compared to everything else."

Making it to the shore, the two got off and A-Chan pointed at a set of stairs, "Make it up and go to the auditorium. When you get up you should see another helper like me and they should be able to give you a map or show you the way."

Istar nodded and made his way up the stairs. It didn't take him long to make it to the large pale white bridge. The bridge was filled with people everywhere and somewhere like him wearing regular casual clothing or uniforms, to which he took a guess that they were returning students.

Now seeing it all in its glory, he still couldn't believe how large it was. He tried to make his way, getting through hordes of people until he made it to the front of the gate. There stood a man in a black and white robe, holding a stone tablet. He put the tablet in front of Istar and said, "Are you Istar Musumei?"

"Yeah." He replied.

The man put the tablet out in front and Istar just looked confused, not knowing what to do. Putting his hand up, the man in the robe put it on the tablet and told Istar to do the same. Istar raised his hand and then threw it down on the tablet, almost smacking it out of the man's hand. The tablet suddenly had black and red lit cracks in it but quickly faded. He sighed and snapped his fingers, letting the doors open for Istar.