Chapter 15- I Ain't Stupid.

Istar sighed as he was finally done with the test. His head smacked against the desk, looking at his answers that he was confident in. Well, at least a good 10 out of the 50 there were. Without Amelia's help yesterday he was sure that he would've had 0 answers right. He pushed his pencil aside and turned over towards Polka, who was also done and face on desk, and turned over to him. The two locked eyes for a bit and then she gave a small, unconfident, smile.

A loud timer went off by Oga's desk, making him shut it off; snapping his fingers as all the papers in the class rose up to the sky-neatly putting itself into a single organized stack. And with that, he waved his hands, telling the class that it was dismissed as people were already gathering their books and bags. He watched Polka gather her things but then stop before she could take her first step down the stairs. She was hesitant and he could tell but just didn't know what to say. Seeing how she was had made him change the way he had seen her.

Was she having trouble with herself again? Did the quiz decide her fate? What was it?

"Hey, I'm gonna head to my club soon so ... .if you want we can meet up outside? I just have to head to the store to get snacks."

It was like a large weight that had been removed from his chest, "Oh, yeah, yeah! Sure. I'll meet you at the bench."

"Alright, I'll see you there."

Gathering his things, he watched her rush out the door. Surely she was hiding something, and surely he knew that he himself was being a coward by not asking. But they were going to meet up later so there was still a chance for it to happen. Istar was just hoping he doesn't press the wrong buttons or say something idiotic again.

He left the class, dropping off by his dorm room to put his books away, and then walking towards the bench. As always Mika was sitting down on his desk with some weird gadget in hand and tools. And as always, he didn't answer and Istar didn't bother to ask him. He felt like he would be more of a bother rather than a friend.

Istar finally made it down the stairs and was waiting outside, sitting on the bench, kicking his legs up and down. His arm was resting on top of the wood as he looked at the clouds taking form. Istar couldn't believe how white clouds could be and how fluffy they looked; how he desperately wanted to jump towards the sky and grab a piece of it like it was cotton candy.

"Yo, sorry it took a bit, I couldn't find my wallet." Polka said, carrying multiple bags.

"Then how did you pay for that stuff?"

"...I found my wallet..."

"Oh."

"Anyway," She sat down, "How was that test for ya? I'm pretty damn sure I failed."

"Yeah...I think I did too."

"..."

"..."

...

The silence crawled up his skin.

"So-"

"Hey-"

The two looked towards each other and said, "Sorry you go first."

"..."

"Rock paper scissors?" Istar suggested.

"Yeah."

The two counted to three, then formed their hands into one of the symbols. Polka sighed and said, "Guess I win."

"Yeah, so what's up?"

She pressed down on her palm, twiddling her thumbs as she tried to form the words in her head. Istar stared at her; that didn't help with her stress but in her mind she decided to just say it. Wording it perfectly would take too much time or would involve backing out, "When we met again, why did you lie about your parents?"