Chapter 2- Decisions, Decisions.

Istar turned in his bed and stared at the ceiling. He had top bunk from Mika, not being able to choose so Istar decided to choose for the both of them. School hasn't started yet since the first week of academy was a free week for the students. Despite that, they still have to wear the uniform they were given just before the lights went out yesterday.

Pulling his hair back from his eyes, he rolled to the side and jumped off the bed.Mika was still sleeping at the bottom of the bunk but he didn't bother to try to wake him up. Rubbing the back of his head, he sighed and got ready for what he needed to do today.

Putting on a blue polo shirt, then a black flannel, and a white tie he put on a loose end, Istar sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. He hated the uniform, it all felt so tight and restricting even when he put the collar and tie as loose as he could. Istar left the bathroom and grabbed a white robe with the number 0 on it. Wrapping the robe around his neck, he clipped it on and headed towards the door.

Istar opened the door and started to walk down the hallway. He put his hands in his pockets and leaned his head back as he started to think to himself. We were told that this week will mostly be for choosing elections and stuff...but that's kinda tough when there is no elective that I know about.

Along with not having the interest of anything at all. He sighed as he turned another corner, "I'll just figure it out as I go."

In front of him were two people wearing light green robes with the number two imprinted on it. They were two levels above him and he didn't think much of it. But when he walked past them, one of them shoved his shoulder into him and laughed as he walked away. Istar glared at the two but shrugged it off and kept walking.

So that's how it is. Even being a rank down or two from the bottom you still get treated like shit. Istar thought to himself.

Hearing some noise, he went to a window to see stands out in the field with people looking gathering around. He wondered what was going on down there since he couldn't hear anything other than gibberish. Sighing, he decided to go down and see why everyone was gathered around.

Istar jumped stairs after stairs until he made it outside to a large open field. More people were gathered around when he made it down, going from one stand to another with some holding papers. Going to a bench, he sat down and tried to wait for everyone else to go but the more he waited the more people came.

"I made a horrible mistake." He said to himself.

"Hey, Istar!" A voice yelled out in the distance and it kept coming closer, 'Istar!!"

"Wait...no...no, no, no....," Istar turned to see a girl with long blonde hair walk towards him. One side of her hair was braided while the other one was just free. On the top of her head were two pairs of long furred ears, "Polka, what the hell are you doing here?!"

"What the hell am I doing here?! What the hell are you doing here still being a loner!" Polka yelled out as she sat next to the tired eyed boy.

"I...I ain't a loner. I just enjoy being alone, there's nothing to it."

"That's what being a loner is." She sighed, "Last time I saw you was when you were still like what six years and being a crybaby?"

"Don't wanna hear it tomboy, and plus I wasn't a crybaby!" Istar looked away.

"You cried when you fell off a small cliff, hell it wasn't even a cliff! It was just a small little step! I had to carry you back! Imagine how embarrassing it is for a five year old girl to carry a six year old boy with tears just going down!" Polka laughed till tears almost went down her eyes.