Chapter 11-Mistakes.

Sweat dripped down from their chins when watching Oga gently land with small but shaking steps. Istar was kneeling down, arm to the ground and hand to his knee, trying to push himself up to fight what felt like gravity was growing heavier; meanwhile Mikazuki was already face down on the floor. Istar struggled to move his head, feeling it crack as he looked towards Oga, who was already standing in front of him.

"First day of class and you are already destroying school property and putting your classmates in danger. Using these flames that you clearly can't control and having the brightest idea of using Rot. I should expel you just for using that." He waved his hand as a black smoke appeared behind him. Two black beasts crawled out of the smoke. They were slightly larger wolves only with four bright purple eyes and multiple tails with spikes all around them leading to a green flame.

The pressure stopped and the two were able to breathe once again. Mikazuki pushed himself up to his knees as Istar grabbed his throat trying to fill his lungs with air. He turned his head to see the two beasts go around the Rot covered golem, taking bits, then eating all of it till it went away.

"Let me see your hand." Oga commanded.

Looking away, Istar put his open palm up showing the remaining burns on his peeling red skin. He was biting the inside of his cheek to not wince from the pain when Oga touched his hand, "Go to the infirmary and to the nurse, the same goes for you Mikazuki."

The floating glass repaired itself as Oga rose up to the top where everyone was watching, "Class is canceled. You all pass but this is nothing compared to the rest of the year. Those who have failed, you better be sure to learn how to make progress quickly, if not then you'll be left behind."

Oga walked out of the room, killing the relief to those who failed. Istar and Mikazuki walked up the steps as everyone left. Those who won had a smile on their face: Shion being smug and laughing at everyone who failed, while others like Amelia smiled and walked out. They were the last ones to leave and walk to the Infirmary.

The walk felt longer than before. Maybe it was the fact that he was running but it didn't feel that far. Every step they took echoed through the hallway, as that was the only noise there was. It was weird to him, he was used to the quiet but the fact that they are both going to the nurse because of him made the feeling much worse. Istar put his hand in his pockets and looked at Mikazuki. In the moment he looked like nothing happened to him, but looking at him now, there were slight burns and ash on his skin, even some staining his long white hair.

He sighed and said, "Sorry. I put you in danger."

"It's fine." Mikazuki bluntly said, not looking at him.

Silence came back as it filled the hallway. Istar didn't know what else to say. Should he apologize again but would that just annoy him? Or is not apologizing again will annoy him? Not knowing what to do, Istar stood quiet as they made their way in the silent hallway.

Stopping at a door, Mikazuki opened it, letting Istar in first. The room was blank white from the hard tile floors to the pale colored walls. There were multiple beds near the walls with white hangers over it. Two large windows let light in, making the room almost blinding to see. But the rolling of wheels came over as a lady was sitting in it.

She had long blonde hair, with rosy highlights at the end of it. Two curvy black horns came out of her hair as two small like bat wings were out of her back. She wore a white lab coat and a pink collared shirt underneath. She slightly spun a pen in her hand, staring at the two. Istar walked up to her but before he could say anything, she put a finger up.

"I take it you two are the boys that Oga had sent up?" She asked, then noticed the slight burns on Mikazuki, who was looking away as his cheeks burned red. Istar nodded his head and then Choco pointed to his hands, "Let me see them."

Istar sighed and pulled his hands out of his pocket. She gently took his hand and examined it. He bit his tongue as the burns started to sting. She let go of his hand and then pushed her chair to a desk then back holding a jar. But she sat it down on her lap and grabbed Istars hand and cusped it. A large stinging came but as a black light came, the pain started to vanish.

The light vanished and she took away her hand. All the pain in his hand was gone, even the peeling of skin and red burns, but when he moved his fingers he could feel the slight sense of pricking. But she opened the jar, scooped out a bit of gel and rubbed it over his hand, then doing the same to the other.

"Use this gel for at least three days. The major pain and burns are gone but your hand will start to feel slight burning." She smiled, giving him the jar, "As much as I would like to heal your entire hand, I was told not to."

"By who?" He asked

"By me." Istar turned around to see Oga standing right behind the doorway. He walked towards the two saying, "Thank you Choco."

"My pleasure."

"Now you do realize why I'm letting you feel the slight burns?" Oga's booming voice shook him. Istar shook his head, and looked away, "It's because of how you acted in that fight. You were late, putting your partner in more trouble than he should be, abandoning him. Not only that you burned him and yourself and beyond that stupid decision, you decided to use Rot. Think of what may have happened if Rot had gotten into his bloodstream. Do you think it would be a pretty sight?"

"No..."

"Then what was your thinking?" He asked.

Istar stood in silence, looking at the jar in his hand and then to Mikazuki, "I was mad."
"Mad?" Oga repeated, "Being mad is not an excuse. One wrong move and he is dead and maybe even you."

"Oga." Choco said, "I'm sure he knows."

He sighed, then said, "Istar, you are excused from class for four days. Mikazuki, you are excused for three days for destroying school property. I hope you learn your lessons."

With that, he left the room, leaving the two. Istar clenched his fist tightly, feeling more burning than before. When Mikazuki was healed, he left the room in a hurry but Istar was left behind with his thoughts.

"Don't mind Oga. He is tough on his students but he truly does care." Choco said to him.

"Yeah," He replied without hearing what she said, "Hey, um, what happened to that girl, the Fennec? Polka?"

"Oh her? She came back and said thank you. I sent her to her dorm so she can get some rest. I can take it that she is your friend?"

"Yeah. Something like that." He replied.

"Well, go rest for now Istar. And be sure to use the ointment everyday."

"Thank you." He whispered, head down looking at the floor as he left.

Arcana Academy: Sins Pressure.