Chapter Twenty One

The Heartbreak

"Amrit, I don't want to grow up in a world that always punishes women. I want to live in a society, where happiness and prosperity is equal for all. My blood boils seeing girls dying just for their gender. They don't get a right over their body. They are forced to share a bed with their husband as soon as they reach puberty. Most of them, don't even understand relationships before they get pregnant with a baby. Why do the fairer sex suffer? Why are we considered weak? When it is us, who give birth to the next generation of males, who inflict torture upon woman! I want to bring a change in our society."-Vashma had told Amrit these words, after reading some disturbing documents as a law student.

Amrit used to write about such things, her voice was her pen.

Whereas, Vashma's voice was her weapon.

"Amrit, Amrit."-her voyage to the memory lane broke at Randheer's voice.

It was night time by now. The two houses were as silent as they could be. Not a single person that night was talking, after the revelations that had taken place.

Their hearts were fighting a storm. They were trying to come out of it but they didn't know, how to face this new changing tides and challenging situations?

They lived in a world that was far simpler than the world of Anirudh.

His circle included luxurious things that could enchant a person, who was unknown to that world. It was a world that was glittery but not happy.

In contrast to that, they lived a far simpler life. Their everyday began with smiling upon the antiques of the children and the happiness that being together brought to a family.

She hadn't said a word since everything had happened. Just crying like never before. Shedding her pearl like tears without any care for the world.

Her every nightmare had come true. Everything was making sense to her at this moment. Their meetings in Kolkata, the way he used to look at her. The slight knowing smile that was on his face every single time.

But still her stubborn heart didn't care for the fact that he was her husband.

The only thing that she wanted at this moment was the embrace of her beloved. She with a startle remembered that he was absent all day long. He didn't came in front of her for once.

She was panicking. Her mind making her aware of the anger that he possessed. She didn't know, how to tell him everything.

The fear, she was facing until now evaporated as she rememberd his face.

Vashma felt that, Uday won't abandon her at this time. She still had hopes of a future with him.

"Vashma."-she saw her beloved brother standing at the threshold of her room.

"Is he still my family? my Bhai Jaan?"-she thought as tears again filled her eyes.

Her relations were looking like strangers to her.

"Beta, tune subah se nahi khaya! Aise to tu bimar ho jayegi. Thora sa khale. (Dear, you haven't had anything since the morning. You'll get sick like this. Have a little food at least.)"-Abrar wanted to make her eat but Vashma shook her head in denial.

Not having any appetite left.

"Bhai Jaan, mujhe yeh shaadi manjur nahi hain. Mein nafraat karti hu baal vivah se. Mujhe.... Bhai Jaan, Kisi ko koi haq nahi banta ki wo meri zindagi ko bikhaar de aise. Main nahi maan sakti Uday ke alawa kisi aur ko apne shauhar ke roop mein. Bhai jaan...(Brother, I don't accept this marriage. I hate child marriage. I...brother..no one has the right to ruin my life like this. I can't accept anyone other than Uday in the role of my husband. Brother....)"-Vashma looked at him with pleading eyes as she said the last part.