Chapter Twenty Two

The beginning

Vashma was sitting motionless as her mother was packing her stuff. Everything was happening too quickly in her life. The last four days had been a blur for her due to her heartbreak. She never expected life to throw such a curve ball at her like this.

In the last 4 days many preparations had been done in her home for her farewell. Her brother had taken the task of acquiring her university transference papers for her continue law studies in Kolkata. It was one of the first things, he had insisted on and the other party had happily or you can say jubilantly had agreed to.

Her mother arranged everything that she could for her daughter take to her new home..

Her father was busy trying to get more information on the Roy Chowdhury's by his associate doctors in Kolkata.

The result was satisfactory for him.

The Roy Chowdhury's were counted among the elites of Kolkata. They were the creme de la creme of Bengal. From their lineage to their generosity, everything was praised by people of all social strata.

Especially, Anirudh was the reason of such good reports. He was the reason they have been known as the 'Tigers of Tulsipur'. He had spread knowledge for people to grab.

And, he had done his best to eradicate myths regarding menstruation and other issues that the people of Tulsipur considered a sin. He had given speeches in bazaars (Markets), knocked on the doors of people; who had every time tried to harm him in order to educate them about menstruation. And why it is so important to take care of females and not be disgusted with feminine hygiene issues.

He had fought cases of women abused by their in laws and paterfamilias bravely. Even after being threatened, cursed and attacked. He was a man, who believed in equality for both gender.

After his own area's reluctance and somewhat acceptance towards the new changes happening, he had moved to his now abode.

He had continued to make changes. This time, his actions impacted people on a larger scale. He never had any rumours going on with anyone of the opposite gender. Something that has satisfied the father in him.

From his manners to his nature of being a voice for the unheard, Anirudh Roy Chowdhury was the perfect groom for Vashma.

He had told the same to Zaida, when she had asked him about it.

"Aap aur Abrar itna kyun jaldi kar rahe hain? Meri bacchi keliye kya woh sahi hain? Shayad aacha insaan hain par kya woh aacha shouhar saabit Hoga? (Why are you and Abrar is in such a hurry? Is he right for my daughter? Perhaps, he is a good human being but is he going to prove himself a good husband as well)?"-Iqbal had then revealed his opinion about Anirudh's character to his wife.

Satiating her motherly concerns.

At a time and age, where men didn't even complete a proper mourning period before marrying again, Anirudh had stuck to his principles and had remained celibate.

Waiting for a girl, he didn't even need to.

As she was declared dead to all.

He never got married again. Waiting eight years for her. He must have got many proposals but he had still stuck with his ideals.

It was the main thing that had made them ready for all of this.

"Vashma, these things have been given to you by Damad ji (Son-in-law). Check if they fit you."-Vashma looked at the clothes and adornments but didn't even care to check them properly. Her heart was crying tears made out of poison.