3 | Letters

Clotted Cream stood up, and headed towards his room. He had closed and locked the door and sat on his bed. He sighed before zipping open the backpack. He opened it to find, dozens of letters. His eyes widened, stunned. He picked one out and opened it. Once he opened it, it basically flash banged him. He closed his eyes tight as the light died down. He blinked a few times before reading the letter.

From:
To: Clotted Cream Cookie

Dear Consul,
~~~~~~~ this. I don't ~~~~~~~~~ time. Please take ~~~~~~~~~~~~nsideration. Please meet me at ~~~~~~~~owing location,
~~~~~~~~~.
Sincere apologies,
[ ]

Clotted Cream closed the letter. Everything seemed rush, following back up with the smudging. He couldn't tell a few words but he got the point. Someone is trying to see him. He pulled out another letter from the backpack and rushed it open. Smudged. Another letter. Smudged. He grabbed several letter which were all illegible. He looked aside and found another pocket. He opened that pocket to find a small gift. He read the tag,

From: [ ]
To: [ ]

It seemed they didn't have time to complete it. He opened it to find a keychain. A keychain with a small doubloon attacked. He circled it around as the small peice of fabric below started waving. He sighed and put it back into the gift box and set it on his table. He hid the backpack in the corner of his room and exited. He opened the door to find Financier standing outside. "Consul, we must do something about the Soul Jam. If THOSE two figure out, we'll-" "Do not worry. We'll figure it out..." Clotted Cream began to walk off until Madeleine had stepped before him. "Madeleine? How did-" "I KNOW WHO STOLE THE SOUL JAM." "What?" "It was... It was Espresso. I saw him holding it to his home. In the eye of most civilians..." Clotted Cream let out a gasp as Financier followed up behind him. "Thank you, Madeleine. We take your gratitude." Financier spoke and took Clotted by the arm and started walking towards his room. "Consul, I-" "We must find him. I must send him a letter. I see my wrong into firing him. I feel terrible, I need to send an apology." "But- Consul-" "Please. Financier-" "CONSUL!" Clotted Cream shuddered before stepping back. "We must inform the elders! If the Ancient were to find out, they'd be livid." "I- You're right. Hold an audience for morning." "I'll hold for noon, you're definitely not waking up." Clotted scoffed as he slumped down into a chair. He clicked his pen wondering how to start a letter. He should know this. Then, he lit up. He began writing at inhumane speeds and waited for it to dry. He frowned at his letter. The ending slightly smudged. He sat up to see Financier eating in a corner. He exited the room with the letter, holding it behind his back. He went outside and began walking towards the Lower City. He was walking through the markets as he heard loud and quick footsteps behind him. He turned as Financier stepped behind him. He sighed and kept walking. The more he walked the closer he reached the Lower City's Harbor, he spotted the tent and began folding his pant legs, he'd rather not have to clean that. He slowly walked towards the tent and stood outside. Financier turned towards Clotted Cream, "Consul, what must you be doi-" Seaweed Cookie had stepped out due to the unknown voices outside her tent. Both the Consul and Financier stepped back. "Greetings...?" "Hello, Seaweed Cookie. I have a favor to ask of you." "Who are you?" "I- Im the Consul of the Crème Republic. I am also a... friend, of Espresso Cookie." "Oh... How may I help you...?" "I heard Espresso Cookie was coming to visit here soon, I hand this to you. To Espresso, please." "I'll be sure to tell him... Thank you...?" "No, thank you. I must get going now. Farewell." Both Clotted Cream and Financier stepped back, walking away. They both attempted to not get their shoes dirty as much, but that wasn't possible. After getting through that mess, they had started walking up. "Consul, do you have any further plans?" "Hm, not necessarily. I'm planning to send that letter to Espresso, an apology. We must get on good terms before attempting to steal the Soul Jam back. We can also use Madeleine, not necessarily use. I meant we'll have an advantage at hand due to Madeleine, as we both know Espresso and him are, friends." Clotted Cream responded while walking. "Consul, wouldn't that mean we'd have to find Madeleine again?" "Yes, indeed. I have an idea where he'd be at anyways... Didn't he ask to have a duel with you this Saturday?" "Oh, yes. That's right. I haven't practiced." "If you must we can tomorrow?" "What about Espresso?" "Now that I think of it, if im tagging along, Espresso would tag with Madeleine, you think?" "Hm, that seems likely. So, I can help your practice tomorrow noon?" "But Consul-" "Of course, I haven't seen you practice in a while, I am indeed excited." Financier sighed as they entered his room. Clotted Cream stared at his shoes, wondering how to clean them. He took off his shoes and decided to just set them aside. Financier did the same. Clotted Cream sat on his bed pondering, how would he respond to over ten letters in less than a week?