𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲

Jorge Morano

Jorge watched the screen in front of him. The fiery flames from the building made the dark room around him glow orange and red. Clouds of black smoke puffed with every attack and continued to rise in the air, polluting the blue sky that was once above it.

He watched the live news broadcast, an uncomfortable look was painted across his face. A discomfort washed over him, his face pale and his lips pressed together. He sat in the small room of the apartment alone, although he shouldn't have been.

The clip of the burning building flashed off with weather updates in its place. Sighing, he gently closed the laptop shut. Only silence filled the lonely state he was in. He sat in it for a moment before it became unbearable to think.

He turned in his chair and stood. With a lack of energy, he walked the few steps over to the fridge. The white-light from inside made him partly blind and squint as he reached for a bottle of some carbonated drink. Twisting the cap off, he took a small sip. The fizzy bubbles made his mouth feel as though it was being stabbed, although he didn't hate the feeling.

Don't blow it up, Jorge. The flashback of his friend's voice echoed in his mind. It startled him, his eyes wide awake from his dead-pan autopilot. He remembered that moment: the somber tears, sad tone, grey room. He physically had to shake himself out of it.

If anything, his dear friend only settled it. There was no more maybe, there was only do it.

Destroy it.

Blow it up.

The feeling of malice returned.

He walked back to the makeshift wooden desk that was hidden in the corner. Jorge sat again wondering if he would ever be able to see the faces he once knew again. He looked around at the cardboard boxes that was still full of useless things in the empty apartment. His life was no longer the same again, he knew that was for sure.

Too many things had changed in Jorge's mind. It was like in an instant his heart had ruptured. It had gone from innocent to disturbed to ruthless. There was no more feelings, only pain.

And he wanted everybody else to feel that way too.

~~~

M. Bourne

Bourne's giddy feet couldn't wait to get back inside the agency building. The same building he had seen been built. The building he had trained in, got certified and became the head of. The building where he watched so many good people want to do good for the world the same as he did all those years ago.

And he still did want to do God's will for the world. But he knew life sometimes needed to be taken slow. It had taken him this many years to finally realize, but he was happy with his decision. And it wasn't like he was stripped away from it all, he was very present and had even taken a part-time position to help out new recruits.

It was at this point in all of his forty-two years of living that he was finally happy— and it wasn't because somebody bad was finally behind bars. It was because he was finally getting somewhere in his life. And on a more personal level.

He had found his family. He enjoyed their company although it was strange at first. He had discovered his step-sisters and nieces and nephews. Since the moment of meeting them, there was so much love planted in his heart. So much that he couldn't help but express it, especially to one he truly loved.

With a bouquet of white tulips in one hand and a half-empty coffee to-go cup in the other, he made it up the tall agency building once again.

Once he got to her floor his unintentional grin was spread from ear to ear. When she spotted him, the smile was mutual. It made his heart flutter, which he thought felt weird.

"I got these for you," he greeted her, holding out the tulips and trying to act as casual as possible. On the inside he was melting.

She chuckled slightly, the apples of her cheeks turned pink. She thanked him over and over again and it made his heart drum faster with every second that passed between them.

She was perfect. And he had never been so sure of it than at this point.

Life was good.

~~~

Julia Welch

Julia carefully made her way over to the small living room where her grandmother sat on the couch across from the doorway. She placed the tray on the coffee table in front of her and prepared her grandmother's tea.

"Careful, it's hot," Julia whispered as she placed the cup in between the old woman's wrinkled hands. The woman shivered and Julia took a step back.

The old floorboards creaked with every step beneath her, but Julia had become deaf to the sounds now. She stood reaching in her sweater pocket to pull the medication bottle and retrieve a pill.

"Take this with your tea," Julia held it out for her grandmother to grab. Although she didn't know any German, Julia still knew what her grandmother had meant through her facial expressions and sometimes her lack of body movement. She was always annoyed when Julia bothered her about taking her medication.

Once her grandmother was all settled in her morning routine of drinking tea and humming songs while watching out the window, Julia waited for the care-giver to arrive. Each day the nice lady named Tasha would come and relieve Julia of her grandmother duties. Julia longed to get out and take a breath of fresh air.

Once Tasha did arrive, Julia quickly waved to her grandmother goodbye and headed out the door. She entered the small car that was parked in the garage and headed into town. She was starting to get familiar with driving and going on about regular life again, she had tried to be content with her living situation for a long time and in the beginning had agreed it was for the best. For everything to go back to normal... for the sake of her life and Jacob's.

The thought of Jacob made her heart ache. She wanted to see how he was doing.

But in fact, nothing was ever to be normal again. There was still the scars on her arms and the faded bruise under her eye she tried desperately to cover with makeup every day. People in the church she had started to attend now had known about what had happened, and yet nobody looked in her direction. She felt alone most days.

Every Saturday morning at ten o'clock Julia would still keep pressing to move on. She would go to the church located downtown and help at their soup kitchen. She would meet people and smile because she was doing something right and it felt good in the moment.

But there was always the nightmares and the unsettlement waiting for her when she had to go to sleep again, every night.

And Julia was still alone and terrified.

A/N

Okay so i just threw three POV's at you... and I'm totally not sorry.
:D what do we think?!