Chapter 10: Pumbaa's Special Power

As they got closer to the crowd, Pumbaa became a bit nervous.

"Uh, I don't do so well in crowds. Maybe we better go around," Pumbaa suggested nervously.

"Don't you know the shortest distance between us and our dream home is a straight line? Follow me!" Timon said, grabbing Pumbaa's tusk and dragging him in.

As they made their way through, they bumped into some animals, making them exclaim in surprise.

"Make room, make room! Watch it, twiggy. I'm walkin' here!" Timon shouted.

"You know, you could be a bit nicer," Y/N pointed out.

"'Nice' doesn't get us to our dream home," he told her.

"I'm just saying," she said, holding her hands up in surrender.

As they continued through, Pumbaa got more and more nervous when he felt his stomach gurgling, making him sit to stop what would come next.

"Ahem. Timon! Y/N!" he called, they turned to him, then he started, "There's something I gotta tell you."

"Pumbaa, Pumbaa, Pumbaa. We'll have plenty of time to chat once we settle in," Timon told him, going to him.

"I don't know, T. I think we should stop for a minute," Y/N suggested.

"That's a minute we aren't at our dream home. Now let's go," Timon responded, pulling Pumbaa along.

But as soon as Pumbaa got up, the gurgling resumed.

"I could really use a rest stop," Pumbaa pleaded, trying to leave.

"Don't worry. You'll get your second wind," Timon assured, getting him back on course.

"Ohh! I got a really bad feeling!" Pumbaa panicked while sweating.

"It'll pass! Trust me. It'll pass," Timon promised as Pumbaa turned to leave again.

Timon tried to grab something of Pumbaa's and as soon as he pulled his tail, Pumbaa farted loudly, making the animals close to them exclaim and pass out. The ones in front saw this, but assumed it was something else.

"Oh, look, the rhinos are bowing," one zebra pointed out.

"Ooh, we'd better bow, too," another said.

The animals then bowed, continuing all the way to the front. Mufasa and Zazu took notice to this.

"Look, sire, how they kneel before the royal son," Zazu pointed out as Mufasa just smiled.

Finally, the fart cloud settled and Timon let go of Pumbaa's tail. Y/N and Timon were shocked as a flame singed his messed up hair and she held her nose with a smile.

"So, I guess that's your special power, huh? What a weapon!" Timon commented proudly.

"Yeah. That's one awesome way to repel predators," Y/N nodded in approval.

"Uh, you mean, you don't mind?" Pumbaa asked.

"Ha ha! Are you kidding? It was a gas!" Timon said, making both him and Y/N laugh.

"Well, I don't like to toot my own horn," Pumbaa smiled.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best," Timon remarked, confusing Pumbaa.

"Let's go, boys!" Y/N told them, taking the lead.

"Lead the way!" Timon and Pumbaa said.

They continued past the unconscious animals and the big pointy rock with Rafiki holding up the next king of the Pride lands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N That's not only Pumbaa's special power...and I mean someone in my family. 😂 Anyway, back to it.