Chapter 22: Snail Slurping Contest

Some time went by and Simba was a bit bigger with a tuft of mane growing. One morning, he got up, yawning right on Timon and Y/N.

"Whoa. Watch where you aim that morning breath. That should come with a warning label. Whoo, what a wake-up call," Timon said as he snuggled back up to resume sleep.

Simba chuckled then said, "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the warthog. What's the matter, pops? Had a little too much hakuna matata?"

"Ooh. Sonny boy, Y/N and I invented hakuna matata," Timon pointed out.

"Oh, yeah? Well, I perfected it," Simba pointed out.

"Sure you did, sure you did," Timon teased then asked, "Y/N, Pumbaa, who holds the record for the world's longest bug belch?"

"Uh, that would be Simba," Pumbaa answered.

"All righty, then. Who's the champion at slug swallowing?" Timon wondered.

"Simba again. Sorry," Y/N told him, making him shoot up.

T- "Cricket crunching?"

P- "Simba."

T- "Grub gulping?"

Y- "Simba."

T- "Maggot munching?"

P & Y- "Still Simba."

T- "Snail slurping?"

"Oh, uh, nobody. We never had a snail eating contest before," Pumbaa said, sitting up.

They prepared a large pile of snails and they readied to see who would take the title of ultimate snail slurper.

"I don't think this is such a good idea," Pumbaa commented.

"You and me both," Y/N agreed.

They started off slow until they really tried to one up each other. They were then down to one snail each. Simba ate his with a loud burp, but when Timon got his, it seemed to form into Pumbaa.

"I told you this wasn't such a good idea," it seemed to say.

He then almost barfed and sent the snail in the air, falling to the ground in defeat as the snail scurried off to safety.

"Thus did the pupil surpass the teacher," Pumbaa declared.

"You two've been hanging around with the monkey again, haven't you?" Timon asked.

"Maybe we have," Y/N smirked.

Y/N and Pumbaa helped Timon up then they all looked at Simba, who was strutting away.

"Uhh. Our Simba is growing up," Timon sighed.

[TIMON:]
"Is this the little boy I carried?"
[PUMBAA:]
"When did he grow to be so tall?"
[Y/N:]
"Wasn't it yesterday"
[ALL THREE:]
"When he was small?"

Then they all bounced on some vines, gazed at stars, then swung on more vines as Simba became an adult.

[CHORUS:]
"Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness
And tears"

Then they went about dancing on the log to the other side not too long after.

(A/N Now please start at 2:50.)

[ALL FOUR:]
"Hakuna matata!
Hakuna matata!
Hakuna matata!
Hakuna..."

[SIMBA:]
"It means no worries for the rest of your days"
[ALL FOUR:]
"It's our problem-free philosophy"
[ALL FOUR (WITH OVERLAPPING):]
"Hakuna matata!
Hakuna matata!
Hakuna matata!
Hakuna matata!"

They then strutted throughout the rest of their home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Now you see where the other bit of "Hakuna Matata" comes in. Now on to the rest of the story.