Chapter 24: Another Day of Relaxation

The next day, Simba was feeling a lot better and they all hung out throughout the day. When the day was ending, they decided to go to the hot tub.

"So, you see, that's why they call it a dung beetle," Pumbaa informed.

"Ew. You don't say. And yet still so tasty," Simba remarked.

"Oh, yeah, and they're my favorite, too," Pumbaa added.

Timon and Y/N then prepared to get in the hot tub, but they had to adjust to the heat

"Just what the doctor ordered," Timon said.

"You're telling me," Y/N agreed.

"Yep. After a long day of doing nothing, it's good to kick back," Pumbaa commented.

"Four pals and no worries. What more could you want?" Simba asked.

They all then sighed in content before Pumbaa yawned while scratching his butt.

"I'm bushed. Think I'll turn in for the night," he told them, getting out.

But when he did, the bubbles stopped. That's when Y/N, Timon, and Simba put two and two together of what just happened.

"I'm out," Timon declared, hopping out.

"Same," Y/N added, doing the same.

"Right behind you two," Simba finished, following them.

By the time Pumbaa made it to their bed, Simba swooped him up and gave him a noogie while taking the bed, which made him laugh. Then Timon and Y/N tickled Simba's belly, making him laugh, then they all got settled for the night.

"Timon, it's your turn to say good night," Pumbaa said.

"Good night," Timon started.

"Sleep tight," Simba continued.

"You three are out of sight," Y/N went on.

"Dream of bedbugs tonight," Pumbaa finished and immediately went to sleep, the others not too far behind.

As they went to sleep, Timon and Y/N felt Simba's paw move, so he got it back over them and they cuddled up together on instinct.

"Ahh. You got to admit we had a pretty good thing going there," Timon replied.

"We could've gone on like that forever," Pumbaa added.

"Except for one teeny weeny little thing we forgot to count on," Timon reminded.

"Oh yeah," Y/N giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yeah. Timon and you won't be the only "soon to be" couple there. 😏