Chapter 26: Determined to Keep Hakuna Matata Alive

Simba sighed once the three were out of sight.

"Timon, Y/N, and Pumbaa. You learn to love them," Simba remarked, saw Nala's sad expression, and asked, going to her, "What? What is it?"

"It's like you're back from the dead. You don't know how much this will mean to everyone," Nala answered then added, her voice cracking slightly, "What it means to me."

"Hey. It's okay," he comforted.

"I really missed you," she told him, nuzzling him.

"I missed you too," he returned, nuzzling her back.

As this continued, the original trio watched from the bushes.

Timon sighed heavily then commented, "I tell you, guys, this stinks."

"Oh. Sorry," Pumbaa apologized.

"Not you. Them! Him. Her. Alone," Timon said.

"What's wrong with that?" Y/N asked, crossing her arms.

[TIMON:]
"I can see what's happening"
[PUMBAA:]
"What?"
[TIMON:]
"And they don't have a key"
[PUMBAA:]
"Who?"
[TIMON:]
"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line
Our quadrio's down to three."
[PUMBAA:]
"Oh"
[TIMON:]
"Ze sweet caress of twilight
There's magic everywhere
And with all this romantic atmosphere
Disaster's in the air"

They then noticed Simba and Nala were completely out of sight.

"I'm telling you. This is a disaster, guys-a disaster, I tell you," Timon stated.

"You mean because they've finally found each other like two soul mates joined across the years by the bonds of true love?" Pumbaa guessed obliviously.

"Sweet, innocent little Pumbaa," Timon said innocently then pointed out, "She's going to put a stake right through the heart of our hakuna matata."

"Oh, then I guess we ought to do something," Pumbaa replied uncertainly.

"And I know just what it is. Pumbaa, we can't let them feel the love tonight," Timon remarked.

"Well, you two can do that, but leave me out of it," Y/N said.

"What?" Timon questioned.

"If this makes Simba happy, why mess with it?" she told him.

"He's happy with us. And I'm not gonna watch him leave us," he responded.

Y/N just put her hands up in surrender and left to get some dinner. But Timon plotted what he and Pumbaa should do about this.

Timon and Pumbaa followed the lions around until they caught them nuzzling each other. Timon then shot a thorn at Nala's paw, which got her.

"Ow!" she exclaimed.

Simba got it for her and shot it back where it came from.

"Aah!" Timon screamed.

The next plan was putting a spider between them, but as it made its way down, he met a female spider and they instantly fell in love, forming hearts in webs behind Simba and Nala.

"That's so romantic," Pumbaa gushed.

"Uhh," Timon sighed while tangled in webbing.

They then tried to throw a beehive at them, but Timon got the short end of that stick.

Then when trying to trip them up, they were flung into the air then in a tree, sending butterflies everywhere as the two lions ended up in a romantic position. Then Timon and Pumbaa fell out of the tree, Pumbaa getting a butterfly out of his ear.

"Well, that worked like a dream," Timon remarked sarcastically.

"It did?" Pumbaa asked.

"Sarcasm is a foreign language to you, isn't it?" Timon wondered then pointed out, "Look!"

They saw the lion couple embracing.

"She's making those eyes," Timon pointed out.

"He's smiling that smile," Pumbaa added.

"They're laughing...and hugging...and-and..." Timon trailed off.

[TIMON:]
"And if he falls in love tonight
It can be assumed"
[PUMBAA:]
"His carefree days
With us are history"
[BOTH:]
"In short, our pal is doomed"

They then cried, thinking they lost their lion friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Craziness for sure!