Chapter 21: Accidental Advice

The next night, Timon and Pumbaa turned in early as Y/N took Simba to get something to eat.

"Are you usually a midnight snacker?" Y/N asked.

"Not really. I'm still getting used to a bug diet. Back home, a whole zebra could keep me filled for a while," Simba answered.

"Makes sense," she said as they got to a little clearing of grubs, then she wondered, "And I know Timon said to put your past behind you, but if you don't mind me asking, do you have anyone special in your life?"

"Well, before I left, I had my best friend, Nala. We were inseparable. The major domo, Zazu, even told us we were betrothed to each other, grossing us out," he said as he got a couple of bugs.

"So you and your best friend were supposed to get married when you got older," Y/N guessed.

"Pretty much. At least you know what 'betrothed' means," Simba commented, ate a bug, then asked, "What about you?"

"What about me?" she wondered.

"Isn't there someone you were promised to?" he clarified.

"Well, not promised to. I have feelings for someone and he returned them, but due to some issues back at our old home, we agreed to stay friends for now," Y/N explained, getting her own bugs.

"Is it Timon?" Simba asked with a light smirk.

She nearly choked on her grub she was eating before looking at the lion cub.

"H-How'd you know?" she asked.

"You're the only meerkats here and from what I've seen, you two are close like how Nala and I were," he answered.

Y/N sighed and said, "Okay. Yes. It is Timon. Like I said, we already told each other how we felt, but because the rest of the clan besides myself and his mom don't like him, he thinks they would look down on me for liking him, but I don't care about that."

"Well, I can't really give you any advice, but I can say there shouldn't be anything holding either of you back with that being the case," Simba said before eating another bug.

"Try telling him that," she commented.

"You could. Just do it when you think it's right," he replied before heading back to his spot.

Y/N seemed to think about what he said before sighing and heading to bed when the movie paused.

"You sure he wasn't giving you advice?" Timon asked with a slight chuckle.

"Very funny," Y/N chuckled, lightly nudging him.

"I can't believe you two didn't get together sooner than you did," Pumbaa commented.

"I know. I can't believe it either," Y/N smirked at her boyfriend.

"Okay. I get it," Timon remarked.

Y/N and Pumbaa laughed while hoof/fist bumping at that.

"Let's just get back to it," Timon said.

"Okay," Y/N giggled before kissing his cheek.

He blushed before resuming the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I liked writing this one. Now onto the next one.