Chapter Twenty-five: Fixated

Click. Click. Click.

Tense atmosphere, murmurings of students, as well as the clicking sound of a ballpen resonated throughout the entire room. Eyes wandering form left to right, students looking for answers from their seat mate.

"Time's up."

The room was instantly filled with an aggressive and dithering'Huh' from the students. A few started complaining as they tried to pursue the teacher in front to give them an extra more time.

"No, it's already been an hour. Hand your papers in front in five..."

A stern looking guy in front started to count. He has rounded glasses which he pushes lightly up when it slides down oftentimes.

Students anxiously handed their papers to those who are in front of them, until it piled up and reach the front. The room then started to get noisy.

Man.

I just got out from that clinic, I thought I'll just get to listen to lessons but then a sudden quiz appeared. And I kept on bumping into someone annoying, since morning. Well, it's a good thing he was a senior 2 at least.

Speaking of the quiz, I was not prepared. I'd probably fail that, well unless it's not recorded then who cares.

"This is a recorded activity, anyway, I'll see you again on our next meeting."

Once the papers got into the hands of professor Clyde which is our instructor on controlling our core, he instantly left.

Our year is alot more focus on magic and less in academics. However, students can always self study academic centered books on the library.

What are the academic centered lesson exactly? Well, not similar to what we have on the original earth, that's at least an obvious thing.

Hmmm...

Well, we have an ancient history and writing (including language) lesson. Which professor Clyde is also in charge of, and obviously the quiz we had was all about what I mentioned. It was tough.

"I got a character wrong for embodiment." I muttered while scanning the hand out given to us.

It was already the end of the month so, quizzes, activity, performance task are expected.

The ancient writing of this world is complicated. Like, really complicated. If I have to explain it, it's a combination of symbols and slashes. Although their language is English still, it was just their writing that was hard to learn.

I remember trying to learn our country's ancient writing system but I gave up, since it's been seven months and yet I still haven't memorised at least five characters. The only character that left an impression on me was the character that looks a lot like an upside down heart symbol.

I can feel my head oozing out smoke from trying to squeeze my brain's juices.

"Ugh, stop bothering me already. Why do you keep on pestering me anyway?"

My head instantly turn towards my left. At the area where Rei and the others were seated. There I saw Austin, the Scarlet haired from before, bothering Rei.

"There he goes again, he keeps going at it despite being pushed away." I heard Remus remarked in annoyance.

"Why don't you help her then?" Rinalyn sneered.

"Why would I? It's her problem not mine."

My gaze turns to Shiki who seem to be nonchalant about his sister's situation. Or so I though.