Chapter 1: Demon art

Tanjiro is on a small mission by himself, carrying his sister on his back like always. As they headed towards their destination, tanjiro stops to readjust the box that contains his sister.

"Don't worry, nezuko, this should be fast. We'll head right back to the butterfly estate after..."
The young male reassured his younger sister

After getting a muffled response from inside the box, the boy continued to their destination.

---

Tanjiro had finally reached the area they were sent to. Upon arriving, he picks up a scent, that is not of a human. As quickly as he had picked up the scent, the demon appeared in front of him. Setting the box with nezuko in it down, tanjiro unsheathe his katana and got into a fighting stance ready to attack.

With unordinary noises coming from the creature, they lunch themselves at tanjiro claws and fangs beard.

In one swift motion, as smooth and gentle as water, tanjiro had cut the demon's head clean off.

He put his Katana back in place where it originally was, and looked at the demon, saying a small prayer and then turning his back ready to leave. As a last attempt to attack tanjiro even after being slayed, the demon shot some sort of beam at him while he wasn't looking.

"Agh!"
The boy yelled out in surprise

Tanjiro was shocked at the sudden light that swarmed him. He didn't know what was happening or what was gonna happen and was worried about his sister who was still in the box.

"Nezuko!!"
The boy yelled out in a panic

As he yelled out to her she rushed out of her box worried about her older brother. Nezuko saw the light and tried running to tanjiro in an attempt to rescue him. She ran up to the light that had circled tanjiro but got pushed back by an unknown force.

Soon after the light vanished. Nezuko started looking around frantically trying to find her brother. She heard an odd sound and looked down to find the source of the noise. Looking down she found tanjiro...well what she can only believe is tanjiro.

"Mhmm?"
Mumbled a confused nezuko

She continues to stand there not knowing what to do, baffled by what she is seeing. Giggles fill the silent night as tanjiro had now become a baby, more like a toddler to be exact.

The now baby tanjiro gets up from were he was sitting on the ground and goes over to nezuko.

"N-nezuko!"
Tanjiro giggles as he hugs his sister

It seems that he had contend most of his memories. How much of his recent memories did he conten to his baby ones nezuko will have to figure out.

She picks up her brother that had now become a baby and looks at him smiling through the bamboo in her mouth. She can't help but find her once older brother as a baby adorable.

Nezuko heads over to her box and sets tanjiro down before grabbing the box and throwing it over her shoulders. Once secured in place she turns around to see that tanjiro had disappeared. She looks around frantically trying to find her brother and notice something moving in a bush. She goes over to check it out and finds the baby tanjiro looking at a flower.

"Oo, a flower!"
Tanjiro exclaimed

Nezuko picks him up then tries to navigate through the forest. She didn't know where to go or where they came from so she just started walking the opposite direction from where they were. A couple minutes later she heard a 'caw' from up above and stopped as she looked up, baby tanjiro did the same as his sister.

"Caw! Caw! Head to the butterfly estate! Head to the butterfly estate! This way!"
The crow cawed at the two below

The crow then began leading the way with nezuko following right behind.

---

The sun was almost out and nezuko was still following the crow. The crow notices this and leads her and tanjiro who was now fast asleep to a near by inn for them to stay for the day. The two siblings were greated by a kind elderly woman once they made it inside.

"Hello dear, would you like a room?"

"Mhhm-hm!"
Nezuko muffled in response through the bamboo

"Okay right this way dear"
The elderly kindly said

She guides nezuko through the hallways of the inn. She stops when they reach a room, the woman turns to them and bows before walking away. Nezuko entered the room with tanjiro still fast asleep in her arms. She places her brother onto the laid out tatami mat then sets the box down. Nezuko, herself laid next to tanjiro making sure he's ok before drifting of to sleep.

(Tatami mats are the earliest form of beds)

---

The cricket's cricket, owls 'who' and the crow cawed...Nezuko woke up to all the outside noise causing her to get up and check outside.

"Caw, caw! Kamado nezuko and tanjiro return to head quarters now! Return to head quarters now! Caw!"

With that nezuko puts on the box then picks up tanjiro before walking out the room and inn. Soon enough they were walking down a dirt path passing a village here and there. Nezuko looks up at the night sky blankly not thinking much of anything. She felt tanjiro move in her arms so she looks down to see him slowly awaken from his slumber.

"Mhmhm!"

"Hi nezuko..."
Tanjiro tiredly said

Nezuko sets him down and grabs his hand as he yawns. The two walk into the night holding hands heading towards oyakata's estate.

---

It's morning again and the siblings are once again sitting in a cave away from the sun. The kakushi had been informed about the situation and were sent to help the two get back. As the siblings wait for them to arrive nezuko chases her now younger brother around trying to keep him and herself entertained.
(The Kakushi are people who work as attendants to the Demon Slayer Corp.)

As the two were having fun and playing around tanjiro stops causing nezuko to stop as well. She then notices three kakushi in the cave with them.

"Hello! Who are you?"

"Ah! He's so cute!-"
The second attended said

She runs up to tanjiro and crouches down infront of him smiling underneath the face mask she is wearing. The other two join her, one of them pulls her away from tanjiro as she was petting his head.

"Leave him alone"

"Fine, fine, I'll carry him"

"I'll carry the box"

"I wanna carry him but ok"
The first kakushi said

The third one let nezuko get into the box before closing it and putting it on, the second one picked up tanjiro carrying him in her arms. The first one leads the other two out the cave and starts heading in the direction they came from.

'He's adorable!'

TBC

---

Words: 1,157 (?)
(not including this obv)

I apologize if this seemed short the next chapter will be out next weekend.