Chapter 5: out and about

...

Giyuu decided to take tanjiro out since they have been stuck inside for about a week now.

They are in a village not far from shinobus estate. Tanjiro pulls giyuu along running from one stall to another looking at everything in awe. Giyuu smiles a tiny bit happy that tanjiro is enjoying himself. Gasping tanjiro stops.

"Giyuu look!"
Tanjiro lights up

Gesturing towards a group of people who play music on different kinds of instruments, with a small group around them. They make their way around everyone to get to the front. Once in the front tanjiro watches them closely as they play.

The music stops playing after a few minutes, some stay while others go and do their own thing. Giyuu picks tanjiro up and walks away stopping after they are out of the crowd.

"Are you hungry tanjiro?"

"Yes"

"How about some onigiri?"
Giyuu asks

The baby tanjiro next to him nods in agreement. Off they went to go and get some onigiri for themselves.

---

They sit in a shop eating their food, tanjiro next to giyuu as always. Giyuu wipes off some rice from tanjiros face that had stuck. While he cleans tanjiro up they are disturbed by a small giggle from behind them.

Tanjiro then feels something pulling at his hori, he looks behind himself to see a baby tugging on his haori. He glances at the baby with a surprised look on his face.

"Akachan"
A woman says

...
(a noun meaning 'baby' in Japanese. Only used for ones own baby)
...

She picks up her baby, facing the two she bows slightly.

"Gomen!" (Sorry)

"It's fine"
Giyuu insists

She bows once more in apology then goes back to her table and sits down. Tanjiro laughs at the interaction, bitting into an onigiri. Giyuu does the same and the two finish their meal in peace.

---

The two of them walk back to the butterfly estate as the cool night air blows past them. While walking tanjiro smells a scent that he remembers quite well. Stopping a huge smile spreads across his face. He skips to the edge of the forest looking over his shoulder to giyuu.

"Where are you going?"

"To meet a friend. He's really nice we should go say hi together!"
Tanjiro lights up

Glaring into the forest he senses that somethings off. Knowing the feeling to well he pulls tanjiro back, putting himself between tanjiro and the forest.

"What's wrong giyuu-sama?"

"We have to go now"

"Huh, why?"
Tanjiro asks

He tilts his head a bit viewing giyuus facial expression. Running around giyuu tanjiro takes off into the forest while giggling.

"Follow me!"

"Don't go in there!"
Giyuu shouts

Tanjiro continues to run towards the scent smiling unaware of why giyuu was yelling at him.

---
Few minutes later
---

Winded tanjiro finally makes it to-

"Douma-sama!"

...yes, tanjiro runs up to douma hugging him almost knocking him over. Douma smiles happily when seeing tanjiro, he bends down and picks him up.

"It's nice to see you again!"
Douma smiles