Chapter 10: ...?

...

"I've made up my mind"
Muzan said

He said as he looked down upon Tanjiro and the two upper moons. Muzan raises his arm worry the others about what he will do. Tanjiro isn't where he was once standing but now right in front of Muzan. He kneels down to Tanjiro's height without saying a word. The place seems unnaturally quite, with even Nakime's biwa strums calming as if intending to listen.

All is silent until a noise of some sorts can be heard. Muzan stands up, his eyes never leaving Tanjiro's.

"He may live-.. Only if he's useful. If found to be useless to me I will not hesitate to get rid of him"
Muzan speaks harshly

As if it was a blessing from above, Muzan had let Tanjiro live. Both demons sigh quietly to themselves. Nakime let's a small smile escape, which was rare for her. Muzan let's Tanjiro run off back to the other two demons. After Tanjiro runs up to the two he turns around with his eyes closed.

"He starts his 'spying' now. Return him to the corps at once. Leave now."
Muzan orders

The upper moons nod in unison. A biwa strum rings out, but, then fades away quickly. Their back in the abandoned village...alone.

The demons face Tanjiro, Douma sits down to try and be the same height as the child.

"Tanjiro, when you get back to the corps do not mention any of this to anyone. They can't know."

"But why?"

"If they found out they would try to hunt us down to get rid of us. They wanna hurt us"

"Why would they do that?!"

"Their mean, but, that doesn't change that their nice to you too. Ok?"

"Ok..."

"Remember now, don't mention any of this, get as much information as you can and try to distract them"
Kokushibu reminds him

Tanjiro nods with a determined look on his face. The demons nod back then get up. They both pat Tanjiro then leave him alone...in an abandoned village...in the middle of nowhere...

Everything is going great so far.

---
With the rest of the Kamado squad
---

Zenitsu and Inouske hold back Nezuko as she frails her arms around. The two continue to struggle against her demon strength as she does so. Nezuko has been restless ever since Tanjiro had disappeared. Shinobu told her about Tanjiro's disappearance but couldn't tell her how.

She couldn't possibly tell Nezuko her brother was kidnapped by an upper moon, could she now? Instead Shinobu had just said he went missing, leaving it at that. Though, that didn't help much.

Nezuko finally broke free from the others grasps. Quickly, she runs over to the front of the butterfly mansion. Zenitsu and Inouske don't follow, despite them trying to stop her earlier. Although Zenitsu did try going after her at first Inouske stopped him. He gives Zenitsu a certain glance, that is all he needs to stop.

They now she won't get far, she can't get far and she doesn't get far...

Only ever stopping at the door; of which is opened due to the butterfly sister's going in and out, Nezuko hults to a stop. The sun is out. It's out shining bright as ever. The only thing stopping her from running out to search for her brother. She stops and looks out the door, staring with tears in her eyes looking visibly upset.

In that moment the three youngest sister's walk in. They stop when they see Nezuko. Nezuko looks down to see the three just standing there.

"WAHAHHH!! NEZUKO, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE DOOR!!"
Naho Screams

Like they had never been open the three girls close the door and opened window. Naho had pushed Nezuko back as Sumi and Kiyo closed everything.

"You aren't supposed to be so close to the sun! What are you doing out here?"
The three girls asked

Nezuko doesn't say anything. All she does is pat their head. Naho, Sumi and Kiyo all just smile at Nezuko happy especially now that she's not in danger of the sun. The same could be said for Nezuko, though...She's not entirely happy...

The smiles that the younger three have given her is a saddening kind of feeling. Her face softens and is no longer upset; no longer trying to run out. They notice this once they had looked up. They all look at each other worried.

"Are you ok!?"

"Yeah, you seems sad!"

"Did we do something?"
Kiyo asks

Nezuko snaps back into reality. She just smiles shaking her head no. Everyone is silent as they stare at each other. The three butterfly sister's start to run around while screaming and throwing their arms around in the air.

"She's sad!"

"Don't be sad!!"

"Please tell us whats wrong!!"
They yell

Nezuko puts her hands up; in front of her. The small trio are right in front of her jumping up and down, winning.

"Mhmm mh hmm!"

The three stop and stare at her with tears in their eyes. Nezuko smiles through the bamboo in her mouth. They smile back happy that she okay.

"Nezuko-channn!!"

"Mhm-"

Zenitsu was about to throw himself onto nezuko when Inouske stopped him. Zenitsu chokes on for a second as Inouske grabbed him by his collar.

"What do you think you're doing leaving me behind?!"

"AHH! Let me go!! It's not my fault you're slow!"

"HUUUH!?"
Inouske yells

Surely enough Zenitsu is getting chased around by Inouske. The four are just left standing there confused.

---
Somewhere...
---

"Is that.."

"It is!"

"Let's be careful. It might be a trap..."

------

I'm definitely failing that math test this week. :'D