Chapter 19: Babysitter Nakime

Forgive me for I had no idea what to do for this chapter.
Also, it's Short

...

Most of the upper moons were busy doing whatever it is they were told to do by Muzan. No one is babysitting Tanjiro because of this. According to the demons the only logical thing to do is to give him to Nakime. That's what they did.

"Nakime!~ Would you mind looking after Tanjiro? He's totally well behaved!"

"..."

"Okay, thank you!"
Douma exclaims

Without a seconds thought he drops him onto the platform with Nakime. Tanjiro plops onto the floor beside her, he looks at Douma. In return he just smiles then disappears.

Tanjiro blinks a few times then looks at Nakime who continues to play her biwa. They have met before, yes, but Nakime never agreed to babysit. Tanjiro smiles at her and rotates his whole body to face her.

"Pretty lady!"
Tanjiro giggles

Yes. That's the nickname that he has given her now. Nakime's focus does not falter though, but, if you look really closely you'll see the corner of her mouth twitch. It curves into a very small smiles that goes unnoticed by baby Tanjiro.

"Someone told me that I can get money from the tooth fairy forever! Wanna see how?"
Tanjiro asks

Nakime doesn't have time to answer before Tanjiro starts tugging at his teeth.

"Tanjiro no-"

...
Ahem. Seconds later
...

Nakime sighs after that. Tanjiro proudly holds up the tooth he just pulled out as another grows in it's place.

"Let's stop pulling our teeth out, ok?"

"Aw...Ok!"
Tanjiro smiles

He tosses his tooth to who knows where then calms down again. Nakime goes back to strumming her biwa, making all the platforms go this way and that. Tanjiro sits quietly; his legs under him like Nakime. He listens to the sounds of the biwa as it rings out.

Nakime and Tanjiro sit there in comfortable silence for awhile. Tanjiro becomes tired after a bit and yawns. He curls up next to Nakime, on the platform. Tanjiro drifts off to sleep within minutes of laying down.

Nakime pauses. She stops playing just for a second, long enough to look over. She sees Tanjiro sleeping, his breathing calm as he sleeps. She smiles then turns her attention back to maintaining the Infinity Castle. It's quiet again.

...
Later
...

Tanjiro finally wakes up but something's different. He sits up and realizes what it is: a blanket. It falls off him as he lazily stretches with a yawn. He looks to the side to see Nakime there as per usual. Tanjiro rubs his eyes and gathers himself before fully awakening.

"Where did this blanket come from?"

"I put it on you"
Nakime says

She turns her head to Tanjiro then looks forward again. Tanjiro beams silently at her for giving him the blanket.

"Thank you"
Tanjiro smiles

In turn, Nakime nods the slightest bit. Tanjiro, being the adorable demon child he is, hugs Nakime. She is caught off guard but doesn't let that distract her. Tanjiro let's go after, feeling happy.

"I like pretty lady"
Tanjiro says

That's all he says. It may not look like it but Nakime is happy. She appreciates Tanjiro calling her pretty nonetheless.

Tanjiro talks to her even when she doesn't respond. He likes hanging out with Nakime.

.
.
...

Hello silly little people. Don't ask-

Anyway, another day another chapter. You're welcome. Also, if you have any ideas for the next chapter feel free to let me know.

School is so tiring and it's only 3rd week or something. I forgot.

Have a good day/night