Chapter 2: Oyakata

...

The Kakushi make it back to oyakata's estate with the two siblings. They set nezukos box in the shade where oyakata is, they set tanjiro down next to the box.

"Thank you for bringing them"
Said a gentle voice

The three bow then walk away as their job is done. Tanjiro sat their looking at the mysterious man who had two young looking girls by his side. He looked at the people in front of them and saw that they have their heads down while on one knee. Not knowing what is going on tanjiro goes on one knee as well just copying everyone else. He thinks he has to do it so he stays like that as the man looks around.

"Is everyone here?"

"Yes master"
Everyone responded

Oyakata smiles before continuing.

"Good, You may all rise"
He stated

In doing so they see nezukos box and a mini version of tanjiro, who is just as tall as the box next to oyakata. Confused stares are sent to one another as they see tanjiro.

"I've gathered you all here today to talk about what happened with tanjiro while out on a mission."
Oyakata starts

A very small gasp is heard from the small child, they turn to look at him and see that he's looking at oyakata.

"How do you know my name mister?"
The mini tanjiro asked

A small laugh was heard from oyakata as he turnes slowly and carefully towards tanjiro with the help of the two girls by his side.

"I know everything about everyone"

"Really?!"
Tanjiro exclaimed

His eyes lit up as he looks at oyakata while jumping up and down. He knocks on nezukos box still beaming. She opens the box and climbs out growing to her full size.

"Sister!"

"Mhm!"
Nezuko muttered

She motions tanjiro to sit next to her which he does. The leader of the demon slayer corps smiles then turns back towards the other's.

"As you can see Kamado Tanjiro has been turned into a child by a demon. I've called you all here to ask if you can look after him until we find a way to turn him back to normal."
Oyakata stated

Chatter starts between the hashiras some not caring about tanjiro others commenting on the situation and deciding who should look after the child.

"He's so cute, Can I look after him?!"

"I would like to take care of kamado!"

"Not it"

"Me and rangoku would be perfect for this kind of job!"

"I think shinobu would be a suitable candidate"

"Thank you gyomei, I wouldn't mind looking after him"
Everyone spoke

Oyakata stood there listening to everyone's thoughts on the situation. He then turned to tanjiro who was paying no mind to it and was chatting with his sister.

"Who would you like to go with tanjiro?"
He spoke

Everyone quiets down when hearing their masters voice, watching the child as he looks around.

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Take you're time, their nice"
Oyakata reassured him

Tanjiro looked around at everyone, his eyes land on giyuu and he seems to remember him for some odd reason. He gets up and runs to him smiling, he hugs giyuu just below his waist beaming. He leaves everyone a bit shock by his actions.

"Giyuu!"

"Mhm"

"Can you watch me! Pleeease!"
Tanjiro exclaimed

Giyuu picks him up and nods still having that expressionless face on as always but is secretly happy inside.

"Ara, are you sure that you want him to take care of you tanjiro?"

"Yes, why?"

"No one likes him you know, I don't think he even knows how to take care of anyone."
Shinobu mocks

Tanjiro looks at her and puffs up his cheeks looking angry. Everyone just stares at the three wandering whats happening.

"You- Y-you mean person! Don't talk to him like that!"

"Go easy on her tanjiro"
Giyuu says

Silence falls upon everyone as they stare at each other, then all you can hear are the laughs of the other hashiras. Shinobus shocked but finds it a bit funny as well.

"My apologies tanjiro"

"Say sorry to giyuu not me"

"Ah yes sorry"
Shinobu apologies

All the laughter comes to an end after a few minutes. They all turn back to their master, smiling.

"Well, it looks like tomioka will be taking care of tanjiro from now on"

They all nod in agreement and are dismissed by oyakata. They get up and head their separate ways except for Shinobu, giyuu and uzui. The three of them head back to the butterfly estate.

"Why are you coming with us uzui?"

"I have nothing important to do so I'm gonna come help with the small child"

"No"

...

It may not be the best but hope you enjoyed