Chapter 7: Upper moons

...

In the forest douma and tanjiro continue to explore. Tanjiro hops around happily only to randomly trips over a rock. Falling face first into the dirt douma stops, tanjiro just lays there for a moment.

He lifts his head up then starts to tear up. Douma walks over and picks tanjiro up; back onto his feet. Tanjiro faces him while wiping his tears away. Douma wipes a tear off his cheek with his thumb.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah...it just hurt a little..."
Tanjiro sniffs

He wipes the dirt off his face. Douma picks him up, he smiles at tanjiro to make him feel better. He succeeds in making tanjiro smile, douma opens his mouth to say something.

He gets cut off when he sees that their no longer in the forest. Instead of trees surrounding them all that can be seen is stairs going which ever way. Douma takes note of this and sets tanjiro down.

He pushes tanjiro behind him worry present on his face. Tanjiro looks up at douma confused on what's happing and can clearly smell the worry.

"Where are we dou-dou?" - (Nickname for douma)

"Whatever you do stay as still and quiet as possible"

"Why-'

"Trust me"
Douma insists

Tanjiro is taken aback by his serious tone of voice. In response he just nods trying to not ask any further questions. With that douma's gone. Babyjiro now by himself takes in his surroundings.

He gets on all fours to peak through the stairs railing. He spots douma on another platform with others visibly standing there too. Tanjiro scans everyone, his eyes land on bright pink hair. He can only see the back of his head and everyone else's from where he is.

--
With douma
--

"Hello akaza-dono~"
Douma says

The pink headed demon scoffs and turns away from the other. Douma keeps pestering him until a biwa sting rings over everyone.

"Master has arrived"
A voice calls out.

All of the demons immediately fall onto their hands and knees. Muzan's gaze pierces through them.

"The boy with the hanafuda earrings. Is he gone?"

"No master..."

"I want the boy dead now!!"

"Yes master"

"You're all utterly useless"
Muzan scoffs

Muzan stops, sensing somethings off. He looks around then back down onto the demon. He stares directly at douma. He feels this and shudders a ever so slightly under his gaze.

"Douma"

"Yes muzan-sama"

"What is it that you're thinking about"

"Nothing.!"

" 'Don't think about him'. Who are you talking about?"
Muzan asked

Douma slaps himself mentally for being so stupid.

"Yes, you are very stupid and naive. Who. are. you. talking. about."
Muzan says sternly

At this point douma was sweating and shaking visibly.

"SIT UP!"
Muzan yells

The room shakes as muzan speaks. Douma quickly sits up, fear washing over him. He meets muzans eye's trying to keep his composure.