Chapter 15: What if...

(A 'what if' chapter for what if something else happened. Please refer back to chapter 7 to remind yourself)

...

Tanjiro and Douma are in a forest when Tanjiro falls. Douma helps him up, he was about to say something when he got cut off. They were no longer in the forest. They have been called by Muzan. Tanjiro watches through the railing and sees Douma with others on a lower platform. (A small reminder)

--
With douma
--

Muzan asks if Tanjiro had been killed yet and the uppermoons say no. Muzan senses another presence, one that isn't of a demon. He glances around then his eyes land on Douma (Another reminder)

"Douma"

"Yes Muzan-sama"

"What is it that you're thinking about"

"Nothing.!"

" 'Don't think about him'. Who are you talking about?"
Muzan asked

Douma slaps himself mentally for being so stupid.

"Yes, you are very stupid and naive. Who. are. you. talking. about."
Muzan says sternly

At this point douma was sweating and shaking visibly.

"SIT UP!"
Muzan yells

The room shakes as muzan speaks. Douma quickly sits up, fear washing over him. He meets muzans eye's trying to keep his composure.

"What are you hiding?"

---
With tanjiro
---

Douma tells Muzan that it's no one important. Muzan threatens Douma by saying he'll just behead him then. (Reminder)

Tanjiro over heard the conversation clear enough to know that douma was in danger. Tanjiro inhales preparing himself.

"Dou-dou!"
Tanjiro yells

All is quiet for what seems to be hours but in reality it was only a few seconds. All the upper moons are now watching. Muzan looks up to spot a small, baby version of tanjiro. He looks back at douma who is clearly panicking.

"Tanjiro-"

"Don't hurt dou-dou!"
Tanjiro shouts

Before anyone could say anything more, muzan had tanjiro by the collar of his shirt. Tanjiro kicks his legs around in an attempt to escape. He fails miserably resulting in him slumping over. Muzan scowls at douma who in turn looks down.

"Douma. You were hiding a child? Not only that but the boy you are supposed to kill?"

"He would never do that!"

"You have no room to speak"
Muzan says

Muzan looks at Tanjiro clearly thinking for a second. He brings his finger to his neck, his nail piercing through Tanjiro's skin. Muzan injects a small portion of his blood into Tanjiro. He gives Tanjiro only enough to turn him because he's a kid now so more would probably kill him.

"AHH!"
Tanjiro cries out

He cries out and yells in pain from the feeling of Muzans blood going through him. His eye's white, his body twitching, he's turning into a demon.

"You are lucky Douma. You have brought what I needed. Next time though–next time you won't be so lucky"
Muzan says

He tosses Tanjiro to Douma who catches him. The biwa is played and Muzan is gone. Douma holds the twitching Tanjiro in his hands. He's not sure if he'll survive it. Soon Tanjiro stops moving all together, he's unconscious. Douma let's out a sigh of relief. All the uppermoons watching this happen, judging Douma.