Chapter 21

She drove to her princess lessons but she could not hear a word Nido spoke.

“You highness, are you listening to me?”

She groaned “why do I have to do this, I am already passing the tests you have given me with flying colors?” 

She was more focused on what happened earlier that day, since when did she become so bold enough to ask a guy out? And a cute guy nonetheless! 

“Just because you're good enough does not mean you're the best.”

“But..”

“No buts! You must be the best. It’s your duty as future ruler.”

She sighed, “okay.”

Her insides opposed her calm appearance.

“You must be disciplined as you were in your swimming days.”

“You know about my swim meets?”

“Of course! After all, it's only natural you drew close to the water.”

“What do you mean?”

“You and Evan used to play in the lake near the Lossoma castle. Despite declared for what he was, you still had a kind of endearing attachment to him.”

“So it’s only normal that you drew close to the water wanting to come close due to some suppressed memories of your childhood.”

She shook her head in bewilderment, “that's crazy.”

“Now let’s get back to work.”

“As princess of Avidoria your duties require you to have ladies in waiting, they will advise and assist you in everyday tasks.”

“In the past, your ladies in waiting were your closest friends chosen mostly from noble families.To be chosen as a lady would be one of the highest of honors and would be a great proposition for marriage.”

“Does that really still apply for today?” she looked up at him.
“The marriage part not so much but the day you claim your throne as princess you will have to choose.” He pulled out of his satchel five folders and laid them out in front of her.

 “Here's all the families within the five districts with noble titles, there's no limit as to how many you can have, however royals usually have up to nine girls.”

“Do I get to meet these girls before I choose?”

“Yes.” He quickly responded then began on explaining who would be eldgible but then she felt a vibration in her back pocket.

Is 6pm good? It’s Mason by the way

Sure! 6pm works for me!

Great! I’ll pick you up

“Princess Mirabel.”

“Sorry!” she gave a sheepish smile.

She hoped she didn’t sound too excited by her fast reply. She felt giddy despite all that's happened to her.

When she arrived home she was given an icy acknowledgement from Maddi.

“Mira.”

“Maddi, can you please stop giving me the cold shoulder.Your the only family I have, you shouldn’t treat me like this. Especially not when your mother is in the hospital.”

She stopped, her shoulders dropped and turned around towards Mira with soft eyes she spoke.

“I’m not the only family you have,especially now, I..I just wished you had trusted me back then.”