Snot

I watched as he moved towards the car. I was on duty. I had to monitor every single one of his step. I couldn't understand why, but this was my job. This was all I had.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked at my direction. I flinched and looked away. Sweat formed on my forehead as I heard the sound of his footsteps getting closer. This was my end.

"Hey." I jumped as soon as I heard his voice. Oh no, I'm going to die. "Hey." I let out. Something felt off. His smile was unsettling. I raised my hands on either side. Three guns pointing at my head. Suddenly, everything turned black.

I woke up with my hands tied. He was sitting there, looking at me with a malicious intent. He walked towards me with something in his hand. I knew this was going to hurt.

I let out a scream of agony. He electrocuted my stomach. God, it hurt. I hate this. After a few more painful minutes, I was half dead. "That's all for now, I'm not satisfied though." He said.

5 days passed by. The nicest thing he did was giving me water and food. I swore I wouldn't eat but the more I refused, the more I got tortured. The bruises on my body were healing.

8 days passed by. I'm still here. He hasn't hit me ever since. He even bandaged me up. It still hurts. He suddenly became nice. This is not him.

12 days passed by. I am tired of the same blue light. I can't understand what is his reason. My boss never hurt him. Pent up anger is dangerous.

It's Thursday. I'm going crazy. He's shouting at someone outside the room. There was a moment of silence. I heard the door open with a creak. He walked in.

He looked frustrated. "Tell me, Y/N. Why did they send you to spy on me?" He asked. "I don't know." I replied. He seemed dissatisfied with my answer. He stared at me for a solid 4 seconds and looked away.

"Why were you shouting?" I asked, timidly. "My mother." He replied with a blank expression. "What did she do?" I asked. "Killed my sister." He said. I was taken aback. How was he so calm. Everyone knew that Ayato loved his sister more than anything. Even his worst enemies.

"How are you so calm?" I whispered. "You think I'm calm?" He asked. "I want to scream. I am so angry and I want to kill every single person on this land. I lost the only person I had and you think I'm calm?" He continued.

Knew it. He was not emotionless. "Why don't you cry?" I asked. "Crying is for the weak and the heir cannot be weak at any point in their life." He snapped. I knew I cannot persuade him anymore.

At that moment, I didn't know what I was doing. I put my hand on his head and pushed it towards the space between my shoulder and neck. He didn't resist. I rubbed my arm up and down his back. I knew he was going to break any moment.

Even the villains have it hard. I heard light sniffing and I felt a wet patch on my shirt. He was crying. I brought my hand up to his hair and caressed it. His hair was soft.

A few hours later, he was asleep. The bruises were healed so I had no problem laying with him. I was feeling drowsy too. Before I realised, I fell asleep.

I woke up and felt something shuffled beside me. It was Ayato. Oh shit, I forgot. I felt his arms wrap around me more. This was the first time I ever got to see him vulnerable. I never got to see it six years ago.

"I wish I could change back time." He let out. His voice sounded raspy. "Why?" "Because I hurt you." He said. I fell silent because I knew it was true. I closed my eyes and processed what was happening.

The moment I opened my eyes, he was right on top of me. His face was about 3 inches away. "Do you want to start over again?" He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. "As friends or as-" "As lovers." He cut me off.

I nodded. I knew this was a bad idea. But it's him. I still love him. The torture was harsh, I agree. But I would do so much more if I were him because I know how precious the intel is.

He leaned forward and was about to kiss me. He suddenly stopped. "Pop or hop?" He asked. I smiled slightly. He still remembers our way of asking consent. "Pop." I said. I felt him smash his lips on mine.

At that moment, everything came back. It was like before again. The way he held my waist while kissing me. The way he squeezed my cheek to assure me that he wasn't drunk or high. The way his arm caressed my sides. It felt beautiful. I felt beautiful.

"Stop." I said. He leaned back, hands still around my waist. "This world is a cruel place. We won't survive together." I said. I hoped that he would say something to counter my statement.

"I will burn this entire land if it means that you'll be right next to me." His voice had that ethereal passion. I looked at him, longing for another taste of his lips. He got the signal and leaned forward.

His lips collided with mine. They were soft. The kiss was overwhelming but I liked overwhelming. His hand slipped inside my shirt and I gasped because of how cold it was. He stroked my sides and stopped for a few seconds.

I was disappointed when he pulled away until I realised breathing was a thing. He removed the cuffs on my wrist. I gasped when he carried me bridal style and put me on the bed. But then he walked away.

Few minutes later, he brought cuffs, but they were softer and not metal. "Baby blue cuffs?" I asked with a cheeky smile. "Don't question it." He grunted. He cuffed my hands to the headboard. It felt good though.

"I thought we were taking it slow." I said. "We were never slow." He said. "What happened to starting over again?" I asked. "Yes, better sex than before." He said blankly. Oh well, I'm not against it.

"Pop or hop." He asked. "Pop." He immediately kissed me. His hands went lower and lower every second. He brought it up again. He pulled away to catch his breath. He then dove into the kiss but this time, it was tender and filled with a familiar feeling of love and passion.

He once again pulled away and his hands made their way down to my pants. He stopped for a second. "Pop or hop." He asked, again. "Pop." I said.