Chapter 2

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Yuri's POV  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Smudging your tears as she cups your cheeks and runs her thumbs across the high point, she asks with panic tainting her usually cheery voice, "Yuri, what's going on? Why are you covered in blood?!"

"Senpai, what are you doing here?!" you choke as you try to stem the salty beads mixing with the blood running down your face.

She wipes away what she can with the same handkerchief from before. "I live here! What are you doing here, Yuri?"

Dejected, you answer with the truth. "Visiting my sister... She got married a year ago and only told me today..."

"Visiting your sister? What the hell were you doing before that?" she exclaims and stands up, reaching out a hand to you.

Taking her smaller hand in yours, you let her pull you up. "What do you mean?? I was at work..."

"You look like you've been in a street brawl!!! What have they got you doing at headquarters that you leave work like this?!"

So, she knows where I work now... "Oh, uh... this isn't from work..." You can't tell her your sister did this to you.

Cupping your cheek again, eyes wide with concern, she demands, "You're literally dripping blood! Come with me! I have a first aid kit in my apartment!"

"I'm fine! Really!" you protest and reach down to pick up your briefcase.

She catches you as you come up woozy and crash into her. "You are not!!" Grabbing your hand and dragging you down the hall, all resistance evaporates the moment her fingers thread through yours.

A door not far beyond the next corner clicks open and she shoves you inside, pushing you down into a chair at the kitchen table before rushing off to fetch antiseptics and bandages. When she returns, she stands between your knees checking over your wounds.

"My god, Yuri. You've split your head right open!!" she squeaks before moving on from your scalp to check the rest. She tilts your head gently this way and that, looking over your forehead, cheeks, and chin. All the while, you keep your eyes clamped shut in an attempt not to stare at her chest, but you can't help peeking out now and then. It's right in your face after all.

Tugging you by the jaw to look up into her eyes, you see nothing but sadness. "Yuri... What am I going to do with you?" She sighs heavily and begins cleansing the cuts. While she bandages you up, you think back to the last time you saw her.

"Won't your husband be upset when he comes home and sees you have another man in the house?"

"Uhh... What husband? What are you talking about, Yuri?" she queries, fingers pausing as she meets your gaze.

"He didn't marry you?!" You can't tell if you're more angry that anyone would be dumb enough to let her go or more relieved that she isn't with him anymore.

"Oh, him?" She returns to dabbing at the largest wound. "Nah, he wasn't right for me in the end."

Your heart races as you dare to ask, "So, you left him?"

"Well, he left me, but anyway..." She doesn't get to finish her sentence before you knock over the dining chair as you jump up.

"HE DID WHAT??!?!?!?!?!"

Waving her hands, she panics, "Yuri, sit down!! You're still bleeding!!!"

"Sorry..." you mumble and pick up the seat from the floor. "So... Did someone else replace him?"