Chapter 4

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Yuri's POV  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"How did you not fire me right then and there...?"

"If it had been the first time, I would have. As soon as I realised you were drunk though, I knew it wasn't entirely your fault. Besides, you were just a kid. Kids do dumb stuff - especially teenage boys. It's like they think with their dicks," she shrugs.

If only a black hole would open beneath you and swallow you up before you die of embarrassment from being told you (used to? That was implied... right?!) think with your dick AND that she caught you getting hard from being scolded.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, I hate myself!

"The next time you asked me to marry you, I did consider firing you though."

"The... next time...?" you cringe, hating yourself for even wanting to know.

"Yeah, at the Christmas dinner."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  POV Switch  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Yuri had been working with you for nearly eight months now. A fast learner, flexible, and competent, he had easily become an invaluable asset to you. It wasn't that your job had gotten any easier with him around, but you were able to focus on more important tasks thanks to his help.

His presence meant you could prepare more thoroughly for critical engagements, think longer about how to word delicate requests, and negotiate more freely with high profile clients instead of staying late to fill out bullshit bureaucratic paperwork.

You knew he would be put to the test with planning the Christmas Ball. It was by far the most challenging, complicated, and exhausting event of the year. Too many guests, too little budget, and too much drama. You were counting on him.

And he didn't fail you.

"Yuri, did you send the invitation to the Croatian embassy?"

"Yes, and the Polish embassy, and I replied to the Finnish consular about their concerns regarding who they would be seated with."

"And did you-"

"Order the party favours, triple check with the florist about the arrangements' delivery time, and put in a back up order for extra wine? Check, check, check."

With a sigh of relief, you smile and thank him. "Yuri, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You know I'd do anything to help you, Senpai," he tells you earnestly, a gentle look in his eyes you've come to adore over the last few months. "I still have to secure an RSVP from the Italian embassy - they're playing coy - but I can handle that tonight. What needs to be done first?"

"Could you run over the budget again and see if there's any room for more musicians. I don't think a single pianist is going to cut it for the night..."

"I'll go over the budget and talk to the school of music at the university. Some high school friends who went on to study music told me that students are often looking for work to boost their portfolio. He said they work for cheap, or sometimes free if the event is high profile enough."

"Yuri, you're a genius. That's a brilliant idea. I'll be caught up in meetings with department heads for the rest of the day, so I'll leave it to you!"

"Of course. There'll be a report regarding the options on your desk by tomorrow morning."