Chapter 8 (Smut!)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  All Yuri's POV  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

In the end... I'm the one who pushed her into the arms of another man...

You cover your gaping mouth in shock. You are the world's biggest idiot. Worse yet, the world's cruellest man.

You had planned to ask her - not to get married - but at least to go out with you before you left the island. However, without knowing what you'd promised the night before, you left it too late. She was already heartbroken long before you found the courage.

Mind reeling, emotions failing to coalesce into thoughts, you can only listen in silence as she sobs into her knees.

"I shouldn't have held back. I should've let you in that night... but I just wanted our first night to be unhindered... for there to be nothing except love... but I never should've let you go back to your room... Even if you would have forgotten what happened by morning, maybe at least if you had woken up in my arms, we could've talked about it... Then, maybe we would have been happily married..." she slurs the last sentence through a wail.

Her confession is anything but what you want in this moment. You long for her to hate you, to rightfully despise you, to beat you with a cast-iron skillet - anything but regret what she did.

Yet you know that what you want would provide atonement only for you but would leave her just as hurt if not more than now. You've done plenty enough of that already. What you want doesn't matter anymore. It never did. You were just too cowardly to ever ask.

Nails carving crescents into the skin of your palms, you force yourself to speak. "Do you... regret that night... even now, Senpai?"

Through hiccups you hear her wheeze, "More than - more than - anything..."

Watching her shoulders shake with despair, you dare to finally ask what you've been to scared to ask her for years. "Does that mean you... still want... what I promised? Do you still... want... me?"

She nods through wracked sobs, unmoving from where she's buried herself in her knees.

You don't understand how she could ever forgive you for what you've done, let alone still have an interest in being with you. Yet, if there's any chance you can be by her side again... More importantly, if there's any hope that you could make her happy, take back a single leaf from the forest of agony you put her through, you would do anything - anything - for her.

Struggling to keep your voice from trembling with your limbs, you ask one more question. "If we could... go back and redo that night..., would you want to?"

Slowly lifting her face as your words filter through, she meets your gaze. The streetlamps shatter the window behind her, and you watch the tears at the corners of her beautiful eyes crystallize in the faint light.

"I won't make anymore empty promises... because I probably won't remember what you've told me... but maybe... like you said... tomorrow we could talk... and then, if you still wanted... we could go to chur-"

Lips collide with yours as she yanks you forward by your tie and shuts you up with a kiss. "I don't care about any of that anymore!" she snaps, nose to nose. "I just want you. I'm not letting you go this time," she breathes and captures your mouth once more. Tears of frustration roll down her cheeks as she pulls away. "So please... please don't break my heart again, Yuri..."

Leaving you no room to answer, she steals another kiss - all the while tugging at the silk around your neck until it chokes. The second it's snug, you're roughly jerked up out of the kitchen chair by her hold. Even though you could easily overpower her, you don't dare resist. Whatever she wants you'll give her - for the rest of your life if she'll let you.