Homecoming

So, I reluctantly allowed myself to be dragged off by William. He took me to a large abandoned apartment building, near Grace Cathedral, oddly enough. I'm now shackled to a basement wall, the chains around my wrists are coated in silver.

   I know I've been here for more than a day and he still hasn't let me see Beau. I'm beginning to fear he actually... killed him. The thought alone causes me so much more pain than the slowly healing whip marks that mar my chest and abdomen. William spent quite a bit of time and energy using a whip, with a silver tip, to try to get me to submit to him. He wants me to be his lover and return to China with him, I vehemently refused. I'm knelt on a concrete floor, my arms above my head, my body dangling and swaying in my weakened state. I hear footsteps approaching and I know William has come to ask again.

"My answer remains the same." I say wearily looking up at William.

"Hmm, perhaps this message will change your mind." William pulls out a cellphone and hits play on a video. Beau's teary face fills the screen.

"Isn't there anything you want to say to your lover? Any last words you have for him?" William's voice taunts from behind the camera and Beau slowly nods.

"John, baby, don't worry about me. You need to stay strong and escape..." Beau glares at the camera. "So you can kill this bastard later. John, I love you." And the video ends.

"I just took this video, specifically for you." William smiles, kneeling down in front of me. "Become mine and I'll release him." I realize I'm shaking and I'm not sure if it's from anger or despair.

"Let me see him, then let him go. I need to know he's alright." I grit my teeth and turn away, unable to even look at this vile creature. "I'll do as wish, just let him go."

"Ha! I was hoping you'd say that." William rises and crosses to the door. "Bring him in. Someone wants to say goodbye." He laughs and I feel bile rise up my throat.

   Beau is shoved into the room, his hands tied behind his back. He just stands there for a minute, looking at my torn torso and trembling in fear. He has a fat lip and I sense a couple fractured ribs, but I'm relieved to see no serious injuries. I feel tears cascading down my face and I whisper his name.

"Beau." I can't help the sobs as he rushes to kneel before me. "I'm so sorry I got you into this sweetheart." I yank on my chains, desperately wanting to hold him in my arms one last time. He jolts and wiggles closer, resting his head upon my shoulder and sobbing uncontrollably. "Shh, it's okay sweetie. He's going to let you go, you'll be alright sweetheart. Beau, forget about me. Just think of our time together as... a beautiful dream." He shakes his head fiercely, leaning close to my ear.

"I'll be waiting baby. Escape this bastard and come home to me. I'll be waiting, no matter how long it takes, come back to me." Beau kisses me with such passionate tenderness, the tears begin again. William yanks him back by his hair. "I love you John, he can't change that. I love you." William tosses him out the door and I see Bradley gently pick him up and nod to me. He'll see to Beau's safe release, I'm sure of it.

"Beau, I love you too." I call out, hanging my head and nearly collapsing as he's taken out of my sight. "Let him go William." I sigh in defeat. "Let him go and I'll do whatever you want."

"Bradley!" William calls excitedly. Bradley peers around the doorframe, Beau still in his arms. "Take the insignificant human home and send me video confirmation of his safe return. Now!" He bellows, crossing back to me as Bradley nods and carries Beau off. "Hmm, maybe you should have fed on your little lover while he was so close." He traces the deep wounds of scorched flesh on my chest. "I'll bring you something to boost your energy. Don't give me that look." He growls, grabbing my chin and lifting it up. "I have access to a human blood bank, the kind in hospitals. I'll bring you a packet. Hmm, you're so weak right now you probably couldn't feed properly anyway. I'll remove your chains for now, but there's no way for you to escape in your condition." William removes the chains around my wrists and I fall to the floor in a heap. He grins and leans close attempting to kiss me, but I turn away in disgust. "Hmm, I'll be back." He clenches his jaw and heads out, locking the massive door from the outside.