Model Vampire

Authors Note: Sorry this chapter is late. I've been having more serious migraines lately and on Monday we word we're getting the rental property we want... so, I've begun the fight to pack up a family of four with little help from the other three. Lol The next chapter may take sometime as well. We're moving on November 3rd.. after that, things should return to normal. I hope. Lol

                                                                          *    *    *

   The bar is really busy tonight. Beau and I are making the drinks, while Zach and Dave wait and clean the tables. Larry has broken up a couple small fights, but things seem to be going fairly smoothly. I hear Beau groan at the other end of the bar and glance over to see him wrinkling his nose. He must have just scented the vampires in the crowd tonight, along with several familiars. Something is going on, we've never had this many non-humans here before. I notice a vampire's nostrils flare as he approaches Beau's end of the bar and I hurry over.

"A familiar." The other vampire grins, but flinches as I step up. I wrap an arm around Beau's waist and bare my fangs momentarily. "Oh, I'm not here to start trouble. Honestly, we'd like to have a chat." He nods toward a group of five people in the corner. They're all watching me and whispering. "My name is Marcus and we'd like to offer you a deal. We'll wait until the humans thin out a bit." He winks, orders six beers and saunters off to his companions with bottles in both hands.

"John? Baby, what do you think this is about?" Beau asks nervously, mixing drinks and passing a tray to Zach.

"William." I say, knowing he's making others anxious with his level of exposure. "They're probably here to ask me to kill him, same as Cleo did." Beau pouts, mumbling as he returns to fixing drinks.

"If they want him gone, why not help take the bastard out?" Beau mutters under his breath. I lean over, kissing his cheek and sliding a draft beer to its owner.

                                                                         *   *   *

   It's nearly 1am before the crowd thins enough for us to have a chat. Marcus and his group of vampires and familiars crowd together at one end of the bar. I grab Beau, Dave coming to handle the orders as Zach has the tables under control. We stand, sizing each other up and I pull Beau closer to my side.

"I assume you're here to ask me to kill him." I say, looking Marcus in the eyes. His eyes widen and he shrugs, shaking his head a bit. "No need to ask, that's my plan. He's targeting the man I love, while coveting me. The second I can overlook, but not the first." I glance at Beau and see his eyes soften as he sighs.

"Actually, you're only partially right." Marcus says, cracking his neck and grinning. "That asshole as exposed us all. God's Light won't be the only humans hunting us now. I want a bit of payback." He sneers and his companions agree. "We want to join the battle. He's an ancient, he won't be easy to kill. So, the more the merrier, right?" I just blink in shock a few times. "Word is your training to take him on. We'd like to fight by your side. You know he won't be alone. He'll have a few crazy ass like minded vampires, most likely. You stand a better chance, the more fighters you have backing you up."

"I see you each have a familiar. I won't condone any harm coming to humans." I say and I'm surprised that they all quickly nod in agreement. "Then, it's a deal. I don't know how much longer we can wait. He's drawn far to much attention and he's taking human lives. He needs to be put down, soon."

"Agreed." Marcus says, nodding and reaching out to shake my hand. "We prefer to live peacefully with humans, that's why we have a familiar by our side. Someone to keep us in check, as well being a companion." He grins, watching Beau rest his head on my shoulder as we cuddle close. "Of course we care for our familiars, but it seems your bond is a bit deeper." He grins at Beau smiling up at me and passes a card across the counter. "My contact information. We'll be in touch." He winks and a small blonde woman links their arms together, smiling as they all turn to leave.