one

Vance Hopper

why'd i agree to this?

i thought to myself as i sat there next to robin arellano watching a baseball game, out of all things.

i never had an interest in baseball. you must be thinking, "vance if you don't like baseball why were you at a game?"

i'll tell ya why, because robin arellano, one of my only friends, dragged him there to watch finney blake play. finney blake was one of robins bestfriends and his little crush he's been ranting to me about for the last 3 weeks.

i felt myself falling asleep that was until i heard cheering and whistling. i quickly go to cover my ears and look up to see that the other team had won. i don't know anything about baseball so i sat there confused on what happened. i looked up at robin who looked upset. he acted as if he knew jackshit about baseball. he was only interested because of finney blake.

after the teams said their good games and packed up finney made his way over to us. that was until he was stopped by someone. i could only see his behind. but he had jet black hair. he said something to finney and walked away turning around slightly to wave goodbye. i managed to see only part of his face.

i didn't know his name but he looked so... pretty.

his eyes were a beautiful brown forest that you could get lost wandering around in for hours and his smile was- stop it vance.

i think to myself. i don't even know his name so why am i thinking about him?

i was planning on asking finney but didn't bother. as if he knew.

"you did so good finn!" robin exclaims and my focus goes to them, "you think?" finney asks with robin nodding "right vance?" robin looks over at me, i was still thinking about the boy, "huh? oh yeah sure whatever" i give a small response and turn to look back over at the boy. he was with his team now and it looked as if they were congratulating him.

"hey dipshit?" i say and look over at finney, "what's the boys name you were just talking to?". finney and robin both look over at me "oh him? his name is bruce" he answers with a smile, "wait bruce? as in bruce yamada the quote on quote golden boy?" i ask putting air quotes around golden boy.

"yeah him!" finney smiles. "bruce..." i whispered to myself, "why do you think he's cute" robin teases and punches his arm lightly. "shut the fuck up" i respond pushing him away lightly. "you should talk to him" finney suggests and i just glare at him, "but i'm not gay". robin and finney just blankly stared at me "okay" robin smiles and they start walking to the car. i follow close behind only thinking about bruce yamada and his perfect smile.

shit, maybe i have fallen for him.

bruce yamada

i walk over to my teammates after talking to finn blake.

"bruce you did amazing!" one girl from the bleachers called out and i just smiled and waved at them hearing them giggle soon after. i went over to congrats my teammates.

after talking to congratulating eachother i pack up my stuff and go meet up with donna.

"bruce that was amazing!" she called out as she ran up to me. "thanks donna" i smile as we walk over to her car. we got in and it was silence for a bit.

"i'm having a party this weekend" she smiles and looks over at me "you know parties aren't my thing donna" i also look over at her, she looks back on the road "yeah, but give it a shot. it's senior year. we're graduating this year please!". i sigh and also look at the road "fine. only because i won my game and i'm in a good mood" "yes! i promise you will not regret it!" i laugh as she smiles.

i've known donna since sophomore year. i had just moved to town and she welcomed me with open arms. we've been friends ever since. no, bestfriends ever since. we tell eachother everything. i trust her with my life.

"okay get out" she says as she shoos me out of her car. i laugh and grab my stuff. "bye donna" i wave as she drives away and yells "don't forgot the party" i give her a thumbs up.

vance hopper

shit paper boy, ceiling fan
moose beater, knock off bill denbrough

GUYS
GUYS
GUYS

cf : WHAT!?

DO YOU KNOW
BRUCE YAMADA!!?

cf : YEAH WHY??

mb : DIDNT FINN LITERALLY
TELL YOU HIS NAME!?

kobd : YEAH I TOLD YOU
HIS NAME !?

spb : HES IN OUR HISTORY
CLASS WHY?

HES IN OUR HISTORY?

spb : YES MAYBE SHOW UP
ONCE AND A WHILE

cf : yeah if you did that
maybe i wouldn't have to do
your fucking homework
every damn day

okay first of all, fuck you
griffin, second of all imma
start showing up to history

spb : HOLY SHIT DO YOU LIKE
BRUCE YAMADA!? THE
GOLDEN BOY!?

mb : HOLY SHIT YOU LIKE HIM

kobd : OMGOMGOMG

cf : MR LADIES MANNN

HOW ABOUT
SHUT THE FUCK UP <3

cf : HE MIGHT BE GOING
TO DONNAS PARTY

mb : ARENT THEY LIKE
BESTFRIENDS!?

kobd : I CAN ASK WE HAVE PRACTICE AGAINST HIS TEAM TOMORROW

ASK BUT LIKE DONT SAY
ITS MORE OR ILL FUCK YOU UP
WORST THEN THE BOYS
AT THE GRAB N GO

kobd : OKAY ILL ASK HIM

i love to believe that donna and bruce would be bestfriends. like the bestest of friends. fight me on it <3