two

bruce yamada

i walk into class and take my sit. i put my bag in the seat next to me since the person sitting there is never there. i take my book out and start reading it.

"look who finally decided to join us" i hear the teacher say as i look up, its vance hopper. "yeah yeah, where do i sit?" i hear him ask. "right next to bruce yamada" she responds and points over at me.

i forgot he sat next to me

i move my backpack and place it on the floor as he slides into his seat.

it was pretty calm the rest of the class. that was until the teacher announced the history project.

i was about to get up and go to my friend derek to do the project with. that was until "i forgot, you will be working with your table partner" i hear the whole class groan. i turn to vance as he turns to me. "hey" he mumbles to me "hey" i respond back. we stand there in silence for a bit. "i have to finish this book for next period. how about i give you my number and you can maybe come over later so we can work on it?" i ask. he kinda just stares at me for a bit

vance hopper

why aren't i saying anything? why can't i move? i feel myself get red

"vance?" i hear him ask and i snap back to reality

"oh what? oh yeah sure what ever" i say acting as if i didn't care. i had a reputation to keep. he wrote down his number and began to read his book.

"hey are you going to donnas party?" i blurt out without even thinking. "oh yeah, parties aren't really my thing" he responded putting his book down and looking at me.

i stare into his eyes. i try to look away but i'm unable. i stare for what i thought was a couple of seconds.

"take a picture it will last longer" i hear him chuckle "what? oh fuck off" i respond looking. he lefts out a laugh and i feel myself turning red. i attempt to hid my face.

i cant like him. maybe it's just hot in here that's why i was red. i like girls, not guys. i've always liked girls. i don't believe ive ever been into guys. unless it's andrew garfield or jamie campbell bower. i've been told that liking told same gender is gross and disgusting. i agreed, i thought it was gross. that was until i saw bruce. i had no interest in dating anyone. but bruce makes me feel stuff i've never felt before. i don't believe in love at first sight. i thought it was what happy straight people told their kids that to give them hope in life. i don't believe in true love, maybe if im just extremely rude to bruce. i'll lose these feelings.

my thoughts get interrupted by the bell. thank god they got interrupted. i stood up and quickly exited.

"wait!" i here from behind me, i turn around and of course it's bruce "what?" i snap back. "how about you come over today after school. we can work on it. my baseball got canceled because coach is sick" he smiles, "yeah sure i don't fucking care" i respond, "cool cool.. where do you wanna meet?" "i don't fucking know". it's silent for a little "i can drive us to your house" i mumble out "okay sure! we can meet at the bike rack" he smiles "yeah yeah what ever" i say before leaving

bruce yamada

i don't know why he was being so rude. i guess it was just his personality. i've only heard bad things about him. maybe he's just misunderstood.

why am i convincing myself he's a good person. maybe i just wanna believe he is. i make my way over to english.

english went by quickly.

i go to the cafeteria and get my food. "bruce!" i hear someone call out my name. i turn to see donna. i go over and sit with her and her friends.

"hey brucy" this girl named Claire says. she puts her hand on my arm. "hey claire.." i respond moving my arm. "how was class?" she asks in a very flirty voice. she's been trying to get with me for the last two years. she's told me she's into me at least 20 times. "leave him alone claire" donna chuckles, "your no fun" she responds crossing her arms.

lunch was pretty boring all the conversations were about donnas party.

"ow what the fuck!?" i hear someone yell then a bunch oh commotion behind me. i turn around to see no other then vance hopper fighting someone. maybe the boy he punched said something? he may have his reasons.

"isn't this his 4th fight this week?" i hear claire ask donna

can't she just shut up

"i don't know and i don't really care" donna responds continuing to eat her food.

i look back over at vance and he says something into the boys ear and gets up. he looks around and his eyes meet with mine.

i didn't realize how beautiful his eyes were before. the way part of his hair covers his eyes. the way his lips move when he talks. also the way- wait. what am i thinking? i cant like vance hopper. i'm suppose to like girls. girls like claire. well, not claire but still. is it possible? possible i like vance hopper?