nine

tw :
alcohol

bruce yamada

i wake up in donnas room. i look around forgetting what the hell happened and how i got here

oh right, the party

i stand up yawning. i scan the room. no sight of donna. i stumble down the stairs into the kitchen, "morning bruce!" i hear donna say "hey don" i respond sitting on the kitchen island. "you hair" she chuckles. i give her a confused look "what do you mean?" "it's a total mess" she lets out yet another chuckle. i jump down from the island and walk into the bathroom.

i look in the mirror, must of gotten like this cause i slept with it wet from jumping in the pool

i stumble back out "want a brush?" she offers. "nah no thanks" i smile.

"what are you making?" i question sitting back on the kitchen island "chocolate waffles" she responds "god i love you" i tell her "i know. what's not to love"

we sit in silence as she continues making the food "when are you parents coming home?" i ask "tuesday" she looks back responding "i know it's really early. but, i'm really upset for some reason" i say. she stops what she's doing and looks at me "you wanna get drunk after we eat?" she asks "yeahh" "why are you so sad?" "i actually don't know, i also just wanna get drunk" "well you get drunk and i'll take care of you" "your the best" i exclaim "i know" she replies.

after we eat i walk up to where we normally keep the vodka. i take it out and just start drinking.

narrator

after a few, bruce is hella drunk. he doesn't know why he wanted to. he just did. was it the feeling of having a boyfriend? or the feeling that his dad will find out. his parents are super strict. so it's kinda just been bruce and his sister against the world. they've always been there for eachother. no matter what. he worried he has rushed things with vance. should he have waited till they got closer?

at the moment bruce didn't care about any of it. only to get wasted.

he could do any stupid stuff at donnas house. all his parents knew was donna was a responsible girl with amazing grades and parents who are always there.

donnas parents work a lot doing god knows what. she never had a connection with them. bruce is donnas family and donna is bruce's. amy loves donna like an older sister and they always get along when they get the chance to hang out. bruce had to convince his parents for 5 months that him and donna were completely platonic. no romantic feelings what so ever. yeah his parents want him to get a girlfriend but clearly that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon. they wanted him to have a girlfriend whose house he didn't spend literally 24/7 at. his parents love the girl. she tried her best to be as respectful as possible to them to get on their good sides.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom. don't die" donna tells the boy before getting up and leaving, for some reason bruce can't stop laughing at some stupid meme he found on pinterest.

bruce is an interesting drunk. he gets very emotional. when he sees something funny, he can't stop laughing for at least 30 minutes. when mad, he's mad for hours. but when talking about personal feelings and emotions. he just lets it all out. no stopping. it doesn't matter how deep it has gotten. he doesn't stop. he's honest with his feelings and how he feels.

"oh good your alive" bruce looks over at the bathroom to see donna drying her hands. she sits back next to him on the couch. "still laughing?" she asks "the room is moving around!" bruce slurs letting out a long laugh after. donna and bruce share some laughs until the door bell rings, bruce lets out a scream "zombies!" he once again slurs. "i'll get it" donna signs getting up and opening the door.

"vance?" she says
"what are you doing here?"