Chapter six.

Kyojuro woke up suddenly, slightly panting and sweating.

'It was just a dream, calm down.' He reassured himself, them looked around at the rows of beds.

A shiver went down the hashiras back, and he quickly laid back down only to just stare at the ceiling.

Suddenly there was a sound of a door opening, and kyojuro quickly closed his eyes and pretended he was asleep.

There was a giggle, and he could tell the person was beside his bed.

"Kyojuro~" a voice called out, then some shuffling was heard.

The hashira opened his eyes, hesitating slightly.

He widened his eyes, A certain demon standing right about him.

"Hello~!" He grinned, causing kyojuro to burrow his brows.

"What're you.. Are you in the butterfly mansion?!" He gasped, immediately sitting up.

Akaza backed away, but didn't stray from kyojuros bedside.

"How'd you get past the wisteria trees?!" The hashira raised a brow, looking at the upper moon.

Akaza shrugged, then giggled. "I have my ways~"

Kyojuro stared at the demon, his mind wondering what would happen. "You came to kill me, right?"

The demon frowned at this question, and it made the hashira ponder if he came for something else.

Akaza walked over to kyojuro, making him slightly back away.

"How's your leg?" He suddenly asked, causing kyojuro to raise a brow.

"What?"

"I said how's your leg, dummy." Akaza repeated, chuckling softly.

The hashira slightly calmed down, but glanced around for his katana. "It's.. better." he hesitated.

The demon nodded, looking him up and down.

"Did i do it?" He asked, sitting down on the bed. Making sure he didn't accidentally sit on kyojuros leg.

"No.. i slipped and twisted it." He responded, staring at the wooden floor.

The demon nodded, staring for a little bit.

There was an awkward silence for the hashira, but it was comforting for the demon. Since he just took in the hashiras features.

Suddenly he reached his hands out, cupping the others face.

Kyojuro widened his eyes, his face going a bit red.

Akaza suddenly realized what he was doing, pulling his hands away quickly and going red.

"Sorry.." he muttered, hiding his face.

Kyojuro blinked, not knowing how to react.

"It's.. fine. I just didn't except that from a demon." The hashira finally responded, glancing around the room.

Akaza internally slapped himself. 'Im so weird-' he thought.

Kyojuro perked, hearing footsteps. Akaza heard it as well, quickly running to the window above the hashira.

Kyojuro stared for a moment, then shoved the demon out the window and closed it.

"Rengoku?" A voice called out, causing the hashira's attention to shift.

"Ah, yes aoi?" He chuckled, straightening his covers.

The assistant walked over "i heard talking, do you need something?"

The hashira chuckled "no no, im fine."

Aoi nodded, walking away and shutting the door.

Kyojuro let out a sigh of relief, glancing outside.

'Hm..' he hummed, laying back down closing his eyes.

| Akaza's POV |

I got shoved out a window by a hashira, great. Luckily im a demon so I quickly regenerated any injuries i got.

Since i didn't want to leave yet, i stuck around and listened to kyojuro speak to what seemed like a little girl.

All they talked about was if he was okay and stuff, which bored me.

Once i heard the girl walk away, i peeked back into the room to see what kyojuro was doing.

'Is he gonna let me back in or?' I thought, raising a brow and tilting my head a bit. 

Once I realized he was going back to sleep, I couldn't help but feel a little hurt.

I put a hand over my chest in a hurt manner. 'He forgot about me!' I fake sobbed, but then stood and decided to make my way out again.

Carefully i weaved around a fallen wisteria tree, snickering to myself once i got on the other side.

'They really gotta replace that.' I thought with a shrug, picking up my pace and running off.

It was unusually cold tonight, but it wouldn't matter to me.

Suddenly my stomach rumbled, and that reminded me that I haven't ate since i met that hashira.

'Too long.' I thought, climbing a tree.

Thankfully the moon was high enough in the sky for me to at least get one kill in.

"Oh, a village." I perked, spotting the tops of some houses.

Quickly i climbed down, racing into the direction of the village.

I made it in about 15 minutes, just an example of what being a demon can do to you.

There wasn't that many people out by the time i made my way onto a roof to survey the area.

"There you are." I whispered, spotting a lone male drunk stumbling away from a bar.

I dashed towards him, quickly snatching him away and ducking into an alley just incase someone was watching.

The man struggled, slurring his words.

I groaned in annoyance, slamming his head into the wall.

Silence followed, and i watched his headless body slump onto the ground.

I clicked my tongue, not really despising the emptiness of a challenge.

I then began to feast on the body, but I couldn't help think about a certain someone.

Kyojuro.

Word count: 810