Chapter twenty.

"Uzui- wait!" Kyojuro called out, backing away from akaza.
"You've been fraternizing with a demon, let alone Upper Moon 3?" The Sound Hashira sound hurt, on the verge of tears.
"What? I'm not fraternizing." The Flame Hashira tried to defend himself, but it wasn't much help.
Uzui burrowed his brows, slightly squinting his eyes.
Akaza stayed quiet, knowing it wasn't the time nor place.
"We're just friends." Kyojuro practically pleaded, his sword on the ground.
The Sound Hashira stared at the ground, not saying anything.
"Uzui, say something." Kyojuro begged, waiting.
"What is there to say?" Uzui quietly muttered, frozen in his place.
The flame hashira frowned, glancing back towards upper moon three.
"I won't say anything." The sound hashira suddenly spoke up, making Kyojuro perk.
"Wait- actually?" He slightly smiled, but didn't move.
"I'm not saying anything because you're my friend, I'm doing this because he can lead us to muzan." The last part came out into a whisper, but loud enough for kyojuro to hear.
A small nod cane from the flame hashira, then Uzui turned away.
"I'll go back and say we didn't find anything, do what you want." And with that the sound hashira disappeared.
Kyojuro turned to Akaza, who was just leaning against the house.
"Kyo- i'm sorry." He muttered, sitting on the ground.
Kyojuro pinched his nose bridge, then sighed.
Slowly he walked over to the demon, sitting beside him.
"It's not all your fault." He chuckled quietly, staring at the dirt.
Akaza looked over, studying the mans face.
Tears were forming in his eyes, but apart from that he seemed tired and stressed.
'Am i really that much of a burden?" The demon thought, then buried his head in his hands.
"Kyo, i'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-"
"Akaza, It's.not.your.fault."
Kyojuro grabbed the demons face, making the demon look at him.
"Yea, you suddenly showed up. But it's my fault for not telling you i was on a mission."
Akaza widened his yellow eyes, a light pink dust spreading on his face.
"So stop apologizing and feeling sorry for yourself." Kyojuro let go of him, bringing his knees to his chest.
"Well, i'll leave you alone then." Akaza muttered, getting up and leaving.
Kyojuro let out a long sigh, rubbing his eyes.
He was left alone, with only him and his thoughts.
"Goddamnit." He sighed, leaning his head back against the wall of the house.
The sun was now gone, and stars started to twinkle in the sky.
Tears fell from the hashira's eyes, making them red and puffy.
With a grunt he got up, deciding to do something.
Quietly he slipped through a crowd, approaching a bar.
"One bottle please." He ordered, placing a bag of money on the table.
The bartender nodded, taking the bag.
He sat down, staring at the counter.
A sigh escaped him, causing Kyojuro to rub his temple.
So many thoughts were rushing around his head, he just wanted time to himself.
He never usually drank, only on special occasions or whenever he visited Uzui's relatives graves. But looks like that won't happen anymore, or anytime soon.
"Thank you." He smiled slightly as a large bottle was placed in front of him.
Taking the top off, kyojuro took a large swig straight from the bottle.
"Definitely some good sake." He chuckled a bit, then took another swig.
Getting up from his chair, Kyojuro decided to leave the overwhelming village.
"Senjuro's probably worried.." He sighed to himself, taking a sip of the sake.
After a few moments of aimlessly walking through the forest, Kyojuro sat down next to a tree.
"I'll just-.. take a nap." He smiled to himself, letting the bottle slide onto the ground as he closed him eyes.
Soon enough, Kyojuro fell asleep against a tree in the middle of the woods.

———

Soon the sun rose, and Kyojuro then realized how bad of an idea it was to sleep in the middle of the forest after you've drank a bottle of sake.
Rubbing his temples as he squinted his eyes, a headache distracted him from the pile of glass next to him.
Groaning in pain, Kyojuro looked around the clearing he'd fallen asleep in.
"Where am I?.." his voice was heavy with concern for himself, and he slowly got to his feet.
Dusting himself off for a moment, he started to walk in a direction he hoped home was.
Putting his hands into his pockets, Kyojuro sighed as he looked around the forest.
"No idea where I am.."
Frowning to himself, he suddenly froze once he heard a stick break.
Unsheathing his sword, Kyojuro could sense a powerful demon aura.
"Who's there?" His voice was strong and demanding, and it wasn't really a question. More like an order.
Furrowing his brows and taking a deep breath, he tried to ignore the pounding headache setting in.
" Oh... I think you know who~" A voice suddenly called out, sounding like they're up to no good.
Kyojuro took a deep breath, looking around and muttering something.
"Douma, was it?" He asked, taking a step forward and keeping a straight face.
A series of laughs were heard, and suddenly a figure jumped in front of Kyojuro.
"Oh! You remember.. how flattering~" Douma held a fan in front of his mouth, smirking behind it.
Kyojuro furrowed his brows, holding his sword at his side.
"Why're you here?" He asked with a stern tone, his heart pounding in his chest.
"To kill you, of course." Douma bluntly admitted, slowly lowering the fan.

"Then let's dance."

Word count: 927
(A/n: SO sorry this took so long to get out! I recently got covid again, and I was also moving<3)