Chapter thirteen.

Akaza widened his eyes once he realized what was happening. Kyojuro was trying to decapitate him.

Kyojuro kept a blank stare as he swung his sword, but his eyes showed anger.

The upper moon quickly leapt back, healing the slice across his chest.

'The hell? What's wrong with him?' He wondered for a moment.

The hashira staggered for a moment, then lifted his sword above his shoulder.

"Upper moon three: Akaza. Today blood will be drawn, but I will defeat you." The hashira grimly stated.

The upper moon stayed silent, questioning.

Suddenly kyojuro charged at akaza, using his feet to kick himself in the air.

"Third form: Blazing universe!" The hashira called out, bringing his blade down at the demon.

'This move wouldn't decapitate me.. what's he getting at?" Akaza wondered, jumping away from the slash.

"You cannot jump away forever, fool !" Kyojuro yelled, jumping back as well.

Akaza stood silently, watching.

"Kyojuro, you do not plan to kill me tonight. Do you ?" He wondered, his voice sounding innocent.

The hashira perked, staying silent.

"You do not know, do you?" The upper moon questioned with a smile, walking forward.

"Demon ! Do not come any closer!" The hashira announced, pointing his blade at the other.

Akaza stopped walking, but didn't move back.

"Why?" The upper moon suddenly asked, causing the hashira to freeze.

"Why do you suddenly hate me?" The demon wondered with a small sigh.

Kyojuro sheathed his sword, "I do not hate you, but I'm not fond of you either." He announced.

Akaza noticed the sudden calmness, then charged at the hashira.

Kyojuro widened his eyes once the demon got close enough.

Akaza tightly hugged Kyojuro, closing his eyes.

The hashira returned the hug, the two standing in silence for a moment.

| Douma's POV |

'Aw, how cute..' I thought, fanning myself while smiling.

"It would be such a shame if I were to ruin this moment." I chuckled, standing up.

I'd been hiding in the trees above the two for some while now. So I watched their fight.

'It wasn't even a fight.' I snorted.

I lifted up my hand holding my 'weapon', 'I don't feel like using my blood demon art right now, so..'

I threw my fixed fan, aiming for the only human here.

Carefully, I raced down to watch this blood bath.

Suddenly I watched akaza-dono shove that hashira out the way and take the blow.

Blood splattered the grass as my fan dropped to the ground.

"You're lucky that blow missed you, kyojuro!" Akaza-dono cheered, grinning.

'It.. missed?' I thought, widening my eyes.

"But I never miss!" I suddenly yelled, stomping forward.

"Ew, douma." Akaza-dono rolled his eyes, stepping in front of the hashira.

"Why'd you block it? No, how did you block it?!" I asked, calmly grabbing my weapon and fanning myself.

Akaza crossed his arms, then rolled his eyes.

I sighed, "don't be so sour, akaza-dono!"

In awe I saw the hashira look visibly annoyed when I said 'Akaza-dono'.

I chuckled, "don't be jealous, hashira. If akaza-dono wasn't here your little miserable charades would be over." I smiled brightly.

Akaza-dono stepped towards me, "ah, yes?" I grinned, fanning myself.

"Leave me and kyojuro alone, douma." He stated, causing me to look at me.

I paused for a moment, then sighed. "You know I can't do that, especially since you're having an affair with a human. Let alone a hashira!" I ended with a laugh.

Silence followed as I saw the two had both started to blush once I pointed out the obvious, then it clicked.

"Oh! You two haven't confessed your obvious love for each other!" I declared, walking around a bit.

I started to ramble on and on about the two and how they should confess.

Then again I might've ruined the confession part.

| Nobody's POV |

Douma paused his rambling, realized he just outed the twos feelings for one another.

"I mean, did you see the way akaza-dono protected you from me? Ah, love!" The blonde giggled, fanning himself.

Kyojuro fumbled for words for a moment, then cleared his throat.

"You've got it all wrong!" He chuckled awkwardly, "we- we don't even like each other! I legit just tried to kill him!"

Akaza shrugged, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

Douma raised a brow, then sighed. "Oh well, it doesn't matter to me."

He shrugged, turning and walking away.

Kyojuro looked stunned for a moment, then turned around and walked off.

"I- where are you going?!" Akaza yelled, chasing after.

"I'm going back to my estate."

Word count: 704