Chapter twelve

| Kyojuro's POV |

I walked through the forest, then Remembered something.

'Damnit, my sword.' I turned around, jogging back to the area i knew a certain demon still stood.

Quietly I crouched down, picking up my katana. Hoping he wouldn't say anything.

Out of curiosity i looked over to see if he was gonna say anything, then i raised a brow.

'He's just.. staring at a tree?' I wondered, standing up and putting my katana back in it's sheath.

Suddenly akaza slammed his fist into the tree, causing it to snap and tumble backwards.

I widened my eyes, mainly at how strong he was. Damn..

"Fuck !" He yelled, falling to the ground.

I glanced around worriedly, but knew I shouldn't go over.

Quickly I ran away, knowing he must've known I was there by now.

Followed by a quick hault, i turned around to make sure akaza hadn't followed me.

'If he did follow me he wouldn't be stupid enough to be in the open.' I thought, looking around.

'Wait, no. Why am I worried? I'm a demon slayer!' I retorted to myself, walking away.

I looked up, admiring the moon for a bit.

Suddenly a voice spoke, "isn't the moon lovely, kyojuro?" A voice echoed.

I borrowed my brows, "I have no intentions of doing anything else but slaying a demon tonight, Akaza." I spoke, annoyed

There was a small chuckle, and I could hear him rustling through the trees.

I walked faster, but I knew it wouldn't help.

"Why do you choose to follow me, Akaza?" I suddenly asked, stopping and looking up at the trees.

There was a loud sigh, then akaza jumped down from the trees.

"Because this isn't finished, kyojuro." The upper moon snapped, walking towards me.

I was too tired to try and run, so i just narrowed my eyes and burrowed my brows.

Despite me usually sleeping through the day, I've been skipping some days to talk with akaza. Do I regret it? Yes, deeply I do.

"You can't just say something like that then run off." Akaza muttered, scanning me.

I shrugged, "why not? It's the truth, isn't it?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Akaza looked back up at me, widening his eyes.

I raised a brow, "what?"

Suddenly I heard something flying through the air, it seemed heavy.

Akaza grabbed my arm, pushing me along with himself to the side.

The way he grabbed me seemed like he was hugging me, so it was a bit awkward.

Something metal hit a tree, and I shoved Akaza away to look at what was thrown.

"Ah.. don't mind the fan !" Akaza chuckled nervously, waving his hand around in the air.

I looked over, walking over towards it.

"It's a うちわ (fixed fan)! " I exclaimed, running my hand over the golden hand-fan.

"It's just a fan!" Akaza snapped, trying to shove me away.

"No, it's not. Look at it, it's all yellow and made out of something metal." I picked it up, swinging it around a bit.

Akaza followed my motions, trying to take it away.

I held it up, out of his reach.

"Hey!" He chuckles sightly, "that's not fair!" he furrowed his brows, reaching towards the うちわ (fixed fan).

I chuckled, "that's the point, so you don't get it !" I turned a bit, backing away.

Akaza followed me, obviously struggling.

Suddenly there were some slow claps, then a small yet mischievous chuckle.

I stopped, looking over. Akaza burrowed his brows, turning towards the noise.

I raised a brow, looking at a tall blonde who seemed to be holding a replica of the fan I was holding.

"Oh, your upper moon two. The other demon who tried to kill me." I stared blankly, throwing the fixed fan on the ground.

Upper moon two giggled, walking towards me.

Akaza stepped in front of me, clenching his fists.

"Oh ? Did I interrupt something ?" The blonde chuckled, stopping.

"Yes, you did. Now will you leave?" Akaza snapped, and I looked at the fan.

Upper moon two smiled, "you know I can't do that. That's a hashira, and we must kill every hashira." He stated.

I borrowed my brows, picking up the fan.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The blonde asked, stepping forward.

I raised a brow, then smirked. "What's it look like? I'm destroying it." I stated.

Ignoring the annoyed exchange the two demons behind me had, i walked up to a tree and started smashing the fan against it.

"Hey! Stop that!" Upper moon two yelled, charging towards me.

I glanced back, moving out the way once the demon was close enough.

A loud cackle escaped akaza as he watched his friend head face first into the end of the fixed fan.

"BAHA! YOU LOOK SO STUPID!" Akaza laughed out, falling to the ground.

I chuckled slightly, then turned my attention back to upper moon two.

"Y'know, akaza-dono. It hurts that you didn't help me!" The blonde pleaded, taking the fan out the tree as his face regenerated.

Akaza rolled his eyes, as I stood rooted to my place.

'Akaza-dono? The hell?' I thought, clenching my fists.

"So? You'll live. Cmon kyojuro !" Akaza stated, grabbing my arm.

I shook his hand away, turning away and walking off.

"Eh- hey ! I'm talking to you!" Akaza yelled, chasing after me.

| Nobodies POV |

"What, akaza?!" Kyojuro yelled, turning around in a fit to face akaza.

"Woah, you good? One second your laughing at a demon who just face planted into a tree and now you're yelling at me ?" Akaza stated, crossing his arms.

"Why's he calling you 'Akaza-dono'?" The hashira blurted, narrowing his owl-like eyes.

"That? I don't know-"

Akaza was bluntly cut off when kyojuro grabbed him and kneed him in the stomach.

The demon backed up, coughing.

"Like hell! You definitely know, tell me why!" The hashira yelled, gripping his sword.

Akaza raised a brow, "I told you, I don't know."

The repeated unanswered question made kyojuro's blood boil. Especially since it's coming from akaza.

Suddenly he charged, unsheathing his katana and muttering something.

"First form: unknowing fire."

Akaza widened his eyes once he realized what was happening.

Kyojuro was trying to decapitate him.

Word count: 962