Chapter ten.

Kyojuro woke up from his nap to see a certain insect hashira staring at him.

"Finally, why're you still here, rengoku?" she asked, backing away to let him sit up.

He yawned, then raised a brow. "What do you mean, shinobu?" He asked.

She slightly chuckled. "Your legs healed, rengoku. You can leave."

The flame hashira perked, "ah, yes! Thank you shinobu!" He smiled, quickly standing up and grabbed his sword to change.

He found an empty bathroom and changed back into his usual uniform, then set out.

"Stay safe, rengoku!" A small girl with green bows called out, waving.

Aoi smiled a bit, waving towards the hashira.

"I will!" He called out, walking away from the butterfly estate.

Suddenly the hashira noticed the white flakes in the sky, and his eyes seemed to glow.

'Snow.' He thought, reaching out.

The snow crunched under his shoes as he walked, always stopping for a moment to make a snowball.

'I bet senjuro would love this!' Kyojuro thought, smiling softly.

He continued to walk through the forest, glancing around.

For a human he made great time to get away from the butterfly mansion, so he was already far away from it.

'I don't sense any demonic activity.' He thought, walking through the snow.

Suddenly a stick broke, and the hashira quickly checked to see if it was him.

'Who was it? It wasn't me.' He thought, raising a brow.

The hashira started to walk towards where the noise was heard, snow crunching under his shoes.

Suddenly a girl ran into kyojuro, causing him to stop.

"Ah, apologies!" The hashira smiled, backing up.

He widened his eyes, noticing the girl had been crying a bit.

"What's wrong?" He asked, crouching down.

The girl dropped to the ground, sobbing into her hands.

Kyojuro frowned, wondering what caused this.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" He asked softly.

The girl removed her hands, looking at the hashira.

"M-my brother.. he's dead!" She exclaimed, hugging the hashira.

Kyojuro widened his eyes, returning the girl's hug.

He slowly patted the girls head as she sobbed into his uniform.

The girl eventually stopped crying, then started to explain what happened.

"Me and my brother were walking around in the forest, when suddenly a demon leapt out. He wanted to protect me but.." she stopped, covering her mouth.

"Please, what happened next?" The hashira asked, slightly prying.

"He yelled at the demon: "don't touch my sister!" Then the demon said: "I don't eat women." Then he attempted to try and kill the demon, but he was way too fast. The demon punched my brother's head off in an instant.."

Kyojuro widened his eyes, 'the demon doesn't eat women? That sounds like..'

"What did the demon look like?" He asked, wanting to confirm his theory.