4 ~ OH GOD! I am straight

Kabir's POV

Kabir's POV

As I said those words her whole demeanor changed. She looked at me with unknown emotions. I wanted her to react. Not the way she does with everyone in the world but with her Chaand. With me. How carefree and open she was when she was with me! She would bare her heart to me as if nothing else other than me mattered. She would smile at me like I was the best thing in her life. She would be genuinely happy not like today when nobody has ever seen her smiling in the office. I want my wife back.

"Oh so you are here for your daughter" she spoke and before she could carry on her phone rang loud and clear shaking both of us out of our little conversation.

She picked up the phone and as she heard the words slipping out of someone's mouth she quickly said "I will be there in 10. If my precious wants it she gets it"

She hung up and looked at me. Is it something about our little one? Was she always talking to her whenever she said 'I love you' to someone on the phone? I will go crazy this way.

"Mr. Raichand, Let's continue this conversation tomorrow but right now my family needs me," she said and rushed away without waiting for my reply while I stood there looking at her retreating figure. When will she call me her family again? It felt as if my life was slipping away. Looking at her going away is something I can never tolerate. Looking at the sky I felt helpless, afraid, and anxious about what the future would bring my way. I am flying in the air with the thought of being blessed with a fairy whom I am so unfortunate to never have met even once.

Those who think she hid her from me are wrong. Damn wrong! My love can never do it. I don't know why but I don't believe that she left me because of the happenings of that day. She wasn't one of those who gave up on people. If she trusted someone she would do it with all her heart. Then why me? Why did she not even give me a chance to explain? Why?

What if she is hurt because of that reason only? What if there is something that I don't know? Too many questions and no answers were frustrating me to no extent. Sighing I slowly walked back to my place reminiscing the moments when her trust left me flabbergasted. I wasn't always a saint. Hell! I wasn't even a man who could respect her enough because I loathed her when we married. I blamed her for everything that went wrong. I regretted it later on and I still regret it but she made all those pricking feelings wash away. I did so wrong to her yet she trusted me so this is extremely difficult to believe that she left because of that reason.

*****

"Chaand...Chaand...Where are you?" She shouted. The next second I unbolted the door and stormed out to give her a piece of mind.

"Why are you shouting? My eardrums will burst" I chided but as I looked at her my breath hitched and words got stuck in my throat. There she was standing in the hall with her beautiful doe-shaped eyes looking at me with adoration. She looked ethereal. Her bright blue dress and flowing hair made her look so beautiful. Elegance and grace oozed out of her persona. Her dangling earrings made me want to lose myself and fondly play with them. She looked like an enchantress. My beauty.