17 ~ Love & Tears

Hey people!

So I am here again. Quite quick I am...The longest update of this story till now is here. Enjoy reading and give loads of inline comments as my thank-you gift. Written it with so many efforts so all my hopes rely on you guys. Do share your views. 

Happy Reading!

Meera's POV

8 years ago

"Pull those lights down and replace them with red ones," I yelled. What were these guys doing? Didn't they read the draft clearly? It stated everything from the color theme to the brand. They were determined to make a mess. It wasn't my job to stand there and look after them, working with precision. The assistants were supposed to ensure that, but those useless bunch of people was nowhere around when I came for inspection. After working for 2 years at the most renowned wedding planning firm in the country, The Wedding Pioneers, I am now on my way to becoming a seasoned event producer. This Indian multinational conglomerate was known for its efficiency in planning intriguing ceremonial events where the focus lay on quality, keeping the motto of consumer satisfaction in mind. The organization was firm in terms of standing high and setting benchmarks in the industry. This was done by giving birth to spellbinding ideas that turn the momentary happiness of a day into memories for a lifetime. It was a highly-paid job that gave me all the decision-making powers and my role was to monitor things, recheck plans, and lead the team. It was a 50 LPA package, and I didn't want anything more. Our family was well-settled in a posh area of the city and was a part of upper middle-class society. We were planning the wedding of a prominent name in the television industry and could afford no mistakes and be bashed by the media. I was up since 5 in the morning and went on without a morsel of food. It was evening now and the drowning sun left behind hues of red and orange, enveloping the sky with panache.

It was a regular morning at home. Lara was sleeping soundly, Adrith Bhai was getting ready for the office and mom and dad were having breakfast with old-school club members. That polished society frequently conducted breakfast greets for all its members and indulged them in various activities. Mom had, however, dropped me a message that she wouldn't be able to prepare breakfast, as she was getting late. Therefore, I should tell Lara or Adrith Bhai to cook for me or to have something at work. So caring!

You might be thinking, why can't I make my own breakfast? Well, I am clumsy as fuck. I couldn't cook without either burning the kitchen or myself. Once I was adamant on learning the skill and burnt my arm severely that the remnants have not left me completely. From that day on, no one would let me enter the kitchen. Ha! I guess I scared them. Even Lara can cook, but I cannot. I am comparing myself to her because guess what? Everyone does that. Not everyone, just my parents sometimes. It's quite common in households where there are two sisters, so no big deal. I am, however, presented with her example in everything I do, which makes my case slightly different. Occasionally, she ends up getting involved in situations that don't concern her. I don't mind actually. It was good that my sister was better than me. She was adept at cooking, beautifying and her profession, dancing. She was a professional dancer with thousands of national and international certificates. She exhibited a strong sense of self-control, confidence, and was phenomenal. She hated it when people (almost everyone outside my house) praised me and considered me superior to her. I would rather avoid such scenarios. I didn't like hurting her. I have never felt deeply hurt about anything except two things: one; she was cheating on Kabir; second: her friendship with Vidushi.