Chapter 03

Yuvan. The chaotic lad who used to enjoy the winds and danced in the rains. The one who used to flirt with all but liked to stay sole. A pale- toned boy with those tusset brown eyes. A scar on his forehead, but was scared of fights. He is like those pink hyacinths. Joyful and carefree. Will be exhausted on days, at evenings he loved tea. He used to steal her glances. He used to chant her name. Their love was siezed by staircases and lanes.

We never saw him tensed at all. The only time yet it was. He rebelled in his household. He was adamant for her. Now that she was away, was then he valued her.

He applied the job closest to her home, along her building he used to roam. He fought for a chance and she was afraid. She had to think twice now that's what it takes.

"Why was Atasi thinking of moving on? ", Imay interrupted.

Atasi was mentally drained by the end of the eighth year. She knew how important Yuvan was for her, yet she didn't wanted to go down on that endless path. Sometimes we just like the idea of the other person reciprocating our feelings, not how we'll live if the case happened. In those eight years, she did every single possible effort to grab his attention, to have a piece of his love but Yuvan remained unfazed. She was mentally broken. It wasn't the case where Atasi was the hopeless romantic rather she mould herself to be one. "If me being devoured of happiness is what makes him stay with me a little bit longer, then I'm ready to refuse every little happiness coming my way for the rest of the life. ", That's what she said during her twentieth birthday. Though the scene turned when she suddenly packed all her bags and went to Shimla. We all lost contact somehow. Two years and we were still in different zones, engaged in the city life, busy making money. We missed her a lot. The one who actually took efforts all those two years was Yuvan. He did everything in his power to have Atasi by his side but failed. Now what he did in between can only be explained by him. I've no idea what happened in those two years.

"I continued to bend over backwards for Atasi, but she didn't appreciate it.", Say it the luck or whatever, we saw Yuvan standing on my door. The young boy was shocked yet calm. It's clear that Yuvan's appearance is as unexpected to him as it was for me.

His frame was as glowing as it was back in days. His crescent eyes now showed some crease. His light hair now is white to a very little extent, but was visible. All that was persistent was his smile. The smile to which Atasi lost all of her.

YUVAN'S POV.
August 20, 20xx

It was frequent I visited my friend's room. The day was pretty good and the clouds were going all dramatic. We were quite absorbed  with games and other activities but an uneasy feeling was not leaving me. I was disturbed. Moreover, the agitation was turning into anger. The probabilities blocked my mind and at the end of the day, I was irritated. Scrolling my feed, I happen to see her Instagram update. It was the portrait of her on a train. The caption stating 'Catch you later'. My heart felt numb. Considerable ideas came to my mind and I gulped down the thought of her leaving somewhere far.

It was until September where I noticed no updates from her friends on her birthday. No stories. No pictures. Nothing. I was troubled. Troubled with my own prospects breaking. I called Dhriti and the walls of belief, of her residing near me apparently collapsed.

I texted her and no reply came. It was only after four days when I desperately called her. At first, the line was silent. I stayed a few minutes on call but the other side was hushed. I reasoned the bad network coverage, furthermore cutting the call. The once happy day went mundane.

Evenings bought skies filled with colour palette she used to like. With all the sky canvas the sight was enchanting but, I was not bothered. Without her, the sunsets now seemed baseless. A feeling reside in me suddenly. I remained ignorant of her presence most of the time, then why I'm now not happy. Why I have to pretend to be happy when her role just finished from my life?

I called again at night. This time with a determined mindset to have a decent talk. The call disconnected. I was being nosy, I know. I tried video calling and she accepted.

I saw her again. Her room was messy but in a clean way. Glasses resting on her nose. Hair opened as usual, she never liked to tie them.  A white shirt hugging her frame and the decent light from the laptop was lighting her features. Her mouth agape.

We stayed like this for a few minutes. I was capturing her details and her gaze bored into my soul. It was a comfortable silence. I was taking in all of her image as if she'll leave again. And I was right.

The moment she regained her consciousness, the call disconnected. The screen went black again.